Which new features of the forum do you absolutely LOVE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I absolutely LOVE that when you paste a link, it gives it the title of what's in the link automatically. I cant get over it, I just think its so cool!

http://forum.interference.com/f224/new-forum-up-still-tweaking-things-though-186837.html

The multi quote feature is also one of my favorite new toys, god how did we ever live without it????

And, finally, the fact that you can make the reply box bigger or smaller is SO helpful to me, especially when I am editing threads like the picture threads where its nice to have a lot of space to work with.

And I cant even begin to contain my excitement over the new mod/admin tools, also making my life so much easier. :drool:

I want to know what is your favorite feature of the new forum. No complaints in this thread please, just list your favorites :wink:

No longer having to see the Total Tickets ad :love:

And the editor mode is good as

I LOVE it soooo much

i also like this reason for edit.

Last edited:
Multi-quote, ftw! :hi5: That is srsly the best thing ever!

I like the bigger box below the posts for quick replies.

The blogs are pretty cool. I like being able to see the first few sentences, so you can have a better idea what is written, and decide whether or not to read the full thing.

Also, clicking on the person's name, and the options there is nice.

The options at the top right of the page (link back, tools, etc.) is fun.

Hell, I love pretty much everything! :lol: The upgrade has been fantastic so far! Thanks for all your hard work. You guys are awesome!

PS - OMG - just noticed that the reason for editing actually does show up! Hee!

Last edited:
I haven't fully examined all the new features yet, but I like the ones I've seen so far.

Like the multi-quote feature, which I've only had to use once so far, but I know it will come in handy a lot. And this quick reply is just perfect (the regular reply screen's features are great too.)

And I love that you don't have to load like three different pages just to edit a post.

And I like that when you click someone's name, rather than being taken directly to their profile, you get a menu box with options.

One question, I can understand why you wouldn't want us abusing the 'reason for edit' feature, but can we be allowed to abuse it in non-serious situations, like chat threads or It's Official threads?

And it's still blue! :hi5:

It is?

int.jpg

:wink:

I love the multi quote feature.

So do I :yippie:

the "Go Advanced" reply feature is :drool:

I know that you have to go through the quick links to see who is where. but I liked the old style because if I saw someone on a forum and I knew i had to reach them it was easier seeing their names right away, so I'll miss that part:(

other than that i also too like the reason for edit option :)

The links to the Radiohead and the REM forums are gone!!!! :shocked:

I love the editor mode, but is there anyway to keep that automatically?

The ONLY thing that could be better is automatically uploading threads.

Enjoying playing God much??

Many, but I like how it lets you know how many seconds before you can post again...:up:

Also the fact that I can tell who is looking at my profile...including those that I have in "ignore". :lol: (get a life...please!).

I know that you have to go through the quick links to see who is where. but I liked the old style because if I saw someone on a forum and I knew i had to reach them it was easier seeing their names right away, so I'll miss that part:(

You can still see who is viewing forums and threads by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page.

Being able to type in a font otherwise only seen on MySpace pages and ten year old educational websites.

:lol:

I am disappointed there is no Papyrus though...

:wink:

Man I don't even know about all these new features, I gotta check this shit out. I'm just diggin' the new look.

Although I haven't used some of these things yet, I love:

-multi-quote (best thing eva)
-all the options automatically available in reply mode
-the alerts notification box in the upper right-hand corner
-expanding the reply box (I saw someone refer to this a few days ago, but till last night I didn't realize you could expand it past more than one click)
-forum links saying what the link is for (again, didn't realize it did that till I read this thread)

I think there's still a few more that I can't recall at the moment. I'm sure I'll be discovering cool new features for weeks to come. :)

Sicy, just wondering, what cool new mod/admin tools do you have? Or are they super-sekrit? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom