Which new features of the forum do you absolutely LOVE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy, just wondering, what cool new mod/admin tools do you have? Or are they super-sekrit? :wink:

Heh. Well some are not super sekrit. Moving and merging threads is way easier. We can merge threads, and it will leave a re-direct on the thread that moved into the other, so that it eliminates the need for us to edit the title with MERGED.

We can actually move posts from one thread to another now. I haven't tried yet on the live forum but this can be handy say if someone accidentally posts in the wrong thread or something. We can also select threads from different forums by checking a box next to the thread, and merge them all together, or move them all at once, etc.

We can double click next to a thread title to edit it, instead of having to open the thread, then click edit, save, etc.

We can soft delete posts so that it makes it a link in the thread and the other mods can see what transpired (members cant see this), instead of just completely deleting the post. Not that we really delete posts here though.

For spammers we can delete the thread and ban the user all in about 1 or 2 clicks.

And many more... :drool:

Wow...i like it all! What ever they are!!LOL! Gonna explore them all I am sure....someday! :dancing:Not complaining, just would have been nice a little warning, like one of those orange cones they put out before they start constuction on the street, you know what I mean Sicy? :hmm:Just thinking! Oh, and thank you for the new changes!:up:

Heh. Well some are not super sekrit. Moving and merging threads is way easier. We can merge threads, and it will leave a re-direct on the thread that moved into the other, so that it eliminates the need for us to edit the title with MERGED.

We can actually move posts from one thread to another now. I haven't tried yet on the live forum but this can be handy say if someone accidentally posts in the wrong thread or something. We can also select threads from different forums by checking a box next to the thread, and merge them all together, or move them all at once, etc.

We can double click next to a thread title to edit it, instead of having to open the thread, then click edit, save, etc.

We can soft delete posts so that it makes it a link in the thread and the other mods can see what transpired (members cant see this), instead of just completely deleting the post. Not that we really delete posts here though.

For spammers we can delete the thread and ban the user all in about 1 or 2 clicks.

And many more... :drool:

Awesome! Sounds so much easier for you guys now. :up:

Wow...i like it all! What ever they are!!LOL! Gonna explore them all I am sure....someday! :dancing:Not complaining, just would have been nice a little warning, like one of those orange cones they put out before they start constuction on the street, you know what I mean Sicy? :hmm:Just thinking! Oh, and thank you for the new changes!:up:

We did get plenty of warning - a couple of weeks ago when Andy purchased the site we were told that changes were coming soon, and then we were told a few days ahead of time exactly when they'd be taking place. I don't think the forum administrators could have been much more accomodating than they were.

I like that when you hover over the title of the thread the first few lines appear. I haven't really explored many of the new feature. :lol:

I luuurve multi-quote. It's the better than sliced bread.

I like the online little circle, the hover over the thread and see info (no longer do I have to waste time going into a thread that turned out to be sucky)

And reason for editing.
And PM/Notices by your name where you're logged in.
Fonts, colors, sizes are much easier than before :drool:

I love the fact that I can scroll to the top of the page and not have the bookmark thingy drop down anymore.......................:yippie: No more accidentally clicking on digg
reason for editing is fun :shifty:
also how easy/fast it is to quote, change font, color
being able to add comments in profiles
Thanks everyone for all the hard work!

Last edited:
Hmm we were actually thinking of removing that for members because of it possibly being misused. I suppose if you all use it properly it can stay :hmm:

Aw, it's barely even noticeable after-the-fact. Why taunt us with this if you knew it would cause trouble though?

Last edited:
It is?

int.jpg

:wink:

:eek:

:runsaroundlikeachickenwithnohed: :scream:

Aw, it's barely even noticeable after-the-fact. Why taunt us with this if you knew it would cause trouble though?

Because a lot of these features just appeared when we upgraded and we haven't fully finished going through what is actually staying and what isn't.

Because a lot of these features just appeared when we upgraded and we haven't fully finished going through what is actually staying and what isn't.

Oh, okay. I thought you guys had selected which features to use in the upgrade. My mistake.

Most of them we did, but I think there are still a couple we haven't 100% decided on yet.
Some are good to try out live (with members) before deciding.

Most of them we did, but I think there are still a couple we haven't 100% decided on yet.
Some are good to try out live (with members) before deciding.

Which ones are on the fence? That and tags?

I like the fact that you can see all the trheads you started.

my first...http://forum.interference.com/f232/ali-sd-120521.html...03-29-2005, 07:27 AM

:)

I like Trevor saying "PS... this thread is in the wrong forum:
:lol:
:scratch: that brings me to the main page...

:eek:

:runsaroundlikeachickenwithnohed: :scream:

:hmm: well then, I think you have about 8 minutes left to live then, cause that's the longest they ever saw a chicken run headless!

:love: my first multiquote!

I also really like the notifications below your name on the main page :yes: really handy!

Back
Top Bottom