Which names did your parents consider...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
... before picking your actual name?

In my case, Carina and Sabrina. #1 turned out to be too common, and my dad didn't like #2 (maybe a premonition of a certain 80s pop star).

If I had been a boy, my dad says he would have called me Carl-?ge, but I don't believe that.

Hey Klod, is your name actually Klodomir? Is it Danish?

My folks, well, me dad anyway
rolleyes.gif
, wanted Caroline (groans-sorry to anyone called Caroline), or hehehehe Angela!!! But they didn't choose either. This ang thing is just coincidence

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Hey Klod, is your name actually Klodomir? Is it Danish?
No and no. You can see the real Klodomir on Mariana's page.

Well my Nanna had me penciled in at Blossom if I was a girl. I think for boys names Philip and Justin were thrown round the traps too...luckily I was born on the same as my Uncle John and ended up with something similar in his honour...Jonathan
smile.gif

if i was a girl, they'd only picked out the name i got.
rolleyes.gif
but they had several names picked out if i was a boy, involving umm the name michael i think, i dunno...stupid jane seymour named her daughter katie too. and no, my name isn't katie catherine :p (for those of you who read the middle name thread)

------------------
you told me once a second chance was not worth waiting for, a million chances later you don't know how right you were...
ME!

Laura

Michael if I was a boy.

I just thank heaven I wasn't born in like September or March.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
She not waiting on a saviour to come
She's at a bus stop with the news of the world and the sun sun here it comes
She's not waiting for anyone

The Lemon Pure PopAngel

had I been a girl I would have been named "Anne"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

ROFL Lambert.

My dad wanted to name me Gabriella, which I think is PRETTY!!!

If I were a boy, I'd be Michael :p

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

PLEBA: Saving heterosexuality, one woman at a time.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

You give your life for rock n' roll

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Steve's parents were thinking of calling him Basil!!!!

Basil!?! Then his middle name could've been Herb!
biggrin.gif

My mom wanted to name me Melody because she likes music, but my dad talked her out of (and I'm glad). He didn't want people calling me Mel.

stewart.

but thank god cause then i would've been a complete weirdo.

------------------
there are only 2 universal languages: mathematics and love

Well, if I were a boy I was going to be Peter. ack! Sorry to all the Peter's out there...

As a girl, they wanted to call me Krista, but then their good friends had a girl first and called her Krista, so they didn't want to be copycats. Instead, they didn't have a name for me... until the day, or a few days before I was born. Turned out I was named after a bowl. lmao!
biggrin.gif
They still have it.

My Mom and father actually got into a argument over which name I was going to be! Dear lord! My dad INSISTED on me being called Carmen! And till the day I was born MOM was ok with it. But then my mom got "mad" at the last minute... I dunno why LOL and said she named me what ever popped into her head first! And my dad got mad! LOL BLAH! I'm glad my mom did that! I just don't know about being called "Carmen" no offense to other Carmen's out there!
wink.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

If I was a boy I was going to be named William... ugh, but no offense to any Williams in the world

My Dad wanted to name me Katherine, but my mom didn't. But she had no other ideas, so she agree, as long as I was never called Kathy (I am completely supportive of that). So you can call me Katie, Kate, Kat, Kitty, even Bitch for all I care as long as you don't call me Kathy.
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

"No matter how much we wrap it up in tinsel and television, I'm still the geezer with the white flag." ~ Bono
"That'll never fit on a t-shirt." ~ Larry on ATYCLB

Hold on to love, hold on to love....
Love won't let you go...

I have no idea what name my parents had lined up for me if I was gonna be a girl, and as far as I know Adam was the only name they had going for a boy, so Adam it was/is.
smile.gif

My mom claims that she considered Hermione.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
My dad denies that this was ever a possibility. I'm honestly not sure if she's serious or not. I don't know what boy names, if any, they were considering.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

My mother wanted to name me Maura ... but my father wouldnt hear of it, so it's my middle name instead. Other consideration, Bridget, Colleen, and Siobhaun.

Had I been a boy, I would have been Kevin.

Back
Top Bottom