Which Muse album is better...Absolution or Black Holes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
Too close to call for me...both incredible albums...Black Holes seems a bit more angry with a song like Assassin, yet also has some optimism with Invincible. Knights of Cydonia is ridiculous, heavily influenced by like nine other bands, and yet is still asskicking.
On the other hand, Absolution has Stockholm and Hysteria, two of my favorite songs of all time.
Discuss.

I haven't heard all of Absolution and even then it is a close call!

Absolution has Time is... (best RH impression ever?), Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome (fucking kickass :rockon: ), Apocalypse Please ( :drool: ), Butterflies.. (progtastic!) and Thoughts.. Others I haven't heard.

BH&R has Starlight (best Muse song ever?), Problematique, Supermassive, Invincible, City of Delusion, Knights Of Cydonia, Assassin.....

yeah, maybe BH&R by a smidge.

Muse :drool:

Personally I like Black Holes and Revelations better. Quite a bit better to be honest. I think it rocks harder but at the same time has a better groove to it. It's kick ass but in an odd way danceable at the same same time.

Starlight, Supermassive black hole, Exo-Politics, Hoodoo, Invincible, Kinghts..... wow! Without trying to over exagerate this might be one of the top 5 albums of the decade so far. Just my opinion though.:)

Last edited:
I prefer black holes and revelations .... I think its their most "complete" album from start to finish

"take a bow" is:drool:

"map of the problematique":drool:

'exo politics" is :drool:

"knights of Cydonia" is:drool: x100

and "soldiers poem" is:bow: :drool: I can't get enough of those backing vocals

Absolution is the more solid album for me, so it wins.

But Black Holes was close to winning for the virtue of having Knights of Cydonia.

Absolution is too overwrought and dragging for me. BHARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

got_edge said:
Not even. I never made it through that song that reminds me of THE FINAL COUNTDOOOOOOWN

Haha

hahaha

hahahaha!!!!!!

Knights of Cydonia does not sound like The Final Countdown. In fact, it wishes it was that awesome.

Did you ever listen to anything on Absolution other than Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist? :tsk:

Queen Bee said:

Haha

hahaha

hahahaha!!!!!!

Knights of Cydonia does not sound like The Final Countdown. In fact, it wishes it was that awesome.

Did you ever listen to anything on Absolution other than Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist? :tsk:
Knights of Cydonia indeed does not sound like The Final Countdown.

It sounds like two mariachi horns making sweet love to a horse and Han Solo in a large metal room with no gravity.

Queen Bee said:
Knights of Cydonia does not sound like The Final Countdown.
It reminds me of The Final Countdown because it's lamely epic.

Queen Bee said:
Did you ever listen to anything on Absolution other than Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist (Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah)? :tsk:
I have the album. DUH.

Back
Top Bottom