Which mobile phone should I buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I have surfed a lot on web. Read lot of reviews.

Its about time interferencers tell me what to chose

Makes and its approximate price its available here

Nokia 6100 ~173 USD
Nokia 6610 ~173 USD
Nokia 6610i ~217 USD
Motorola E398 ~300 USD
Sony Ericcson T610 ~217 USD

Looks like its going to be one of these

Which one.. or recommend any other.

:huh:

I should buy it in 2-3 days time once I know which one

AcrobatMan

Where is the Sony t 630 ? That one gets nice reviews ( and it will probably my new one. )

I have been looking at mobile telephones recently, the new Nokia's seem to be quite good. If I may inquire, for what purpose do you require such a device - business, casual etc.

you havent replied in my appreciation thread have you :mad:

I love Nokia. I find them a very realiable and easy to use phone. I had the Nokia 3410 but it got stolen last week and have just purchased the Nokia 3100. It's nifty. :up:

I personally find that motorola phones are the most dependalbe phones

I had a Sony Ericcson t68i which I believe is the same chipset as the 610 except the 610 has a camera

( I also find sony ericcson's to not be very reliable durability wise)

I currently have a motorola v600 and I LOVE this thing. The firmware on the phone is much better. As is the reception.
and it as durable as a rock

(this weekend after a call that upset me I skipped my phone across a lawn..it skipped 6 times, and rolled onto concrete with only one minor scratch...and it works like a champ....btw...if you wish to engage in phone tossing I highly advise to have the handset insurance on it....in fact on any expensive hadnset I'd get the insurance if its' availible)

The only thing I dislike about the phone is the menu system the sony does have a superior menu system.

I have owned 3 Nokias and 2 Motorolas and I do find the Motorolas to be more sturdy, more dependable and generally a higher quality phone. Nokia always felt like a very popular phone built for mass consumption, whereas Motorola had more attention for detail and cost more. I'd pick it over Nokia probably every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hmm...I usually buy whatever I get a discount on at the cellular provider. I have an LG 1150 that I only spent $50 on. I'll use it for the two years I'm on contract and then move onto something flashier. I had a Sony Ericsson T68i before this one.

Melon

I´m one of the lucky ones who don´t need a handy. :D

People can call me at home, at work, or write an email. I don´t want to be disturbed when I´m on my way to somewhere. For emergency situations it would be great, but I can live without it.

whatever you get i would check out amazon.com. i got my nokia 3650 (the best phone out at the time i got it...) and it was -$100 after rebates. the phone+plan was $200 and i got a $150 rebate from amazon and a $150 rebate from tmobile. they have tons of phones and tons of carriers... (assuming you're in the US). in terms of phones...i love nokia. the 3650 that i have is kinda big, but i just wanted something with lots of toys on it... the 6600 or 6610 i think has all the same things as the 3650 and it's half the size.

Back
Top Bottom