Which international sport is your country best at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1stepcloser

Rock n' Roll Doggie
well as an englishman my options are fairly limited at the moment considering we're pretty poor at just about everything right now so i'll have to go for something like rowing or snooker. we're quite good at rowing, steve redgrave, 5 gold medals and all that caper. ..

oh and no kiwi's allowed in this thread as your answer is too easy!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
competitive eating

I actually saw Chestnut win it because my brother was watching it and I walked in at the end, and the announcer commented that Joey Chestnut "changed the course of the nation" with his victory.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
competitive eating

Sadly, it's mostly true.:(

13.jpg

Cricket

But it's that much to be proud about. There's only about 8 or 9 nations who really give a proper damn about it anyway.

Any nations that is one of the best 20 footballing nations has a lot to be proud about. The only truly global game.

intedomine said:

Any nations that is one of the best 20 footballing nations has a lot to be proud about. The only truly global game.

agreed. and more and more players from places like africa, asia and oceana are coming to play in the big european leagues. in the next few years the hegemony that europe/south america holds over international football may not be so exclusive.

0,,11519616,00.jpg

Actually today , what it would be something really big any team beat this guys here .....

20040829-podio.jpg

Last edited:
I have two countries.

Canada - Curling - world ranking 1.

Great Britain - believe it or not, Curling - world ranking 2. It is a British created sport so I suppose it's fitting.

Canada and Britain are also good at rowing, darts, snooker.

Basketball - our national champions Maccabi Tel-Aviv have won 3 or 4 European titles and are one of the best teams in Europe.

Judo - Our judoist Yael Arad won Israel's first medal EVER in the olympic games in Barcelona in 1994 when she took the silver medal.

Wind Surfing - our national champ Gal Friedman won Israel's first GOLD medal in the Athens olympics.

We also excell at Tennis - we just got into the top 16 in the Davis Cup and our national champ Shachar Peer is ranked among the 30 best female tennis players in the world.

Soccer - we're good internally but externally we SUCK....lol....as evident by our slaughter at the hands of England at Wembley last week.

Back
Top Bottom