Which instrument should I learn to play next fall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which one for Martha?

• guitar

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • cello

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
I'm proud of ya, bear

Gickies Gageeze said:
two words: PI ANO

there is no instrument more beautiful.

Of course if you want a good one it will cost A LOT more than a good guitar. Same with a cello. When I was accompanying string players in college, one of my friends bought a very nice violin for a mere....$25,000. :eek:

Of course, the piano I want is only $45,000. :faint:

Given only two choices, I'd go with guitar. It's hard to jam like the Edge with a cello.

But, I'd also throw in a vote for piano is given the opportunity.

bagpipes!

heh....uh....go with guitar :up: join the masses that play the instruement (seriously, you know how hard it is to find a drummer?)

dammit now i want to play the piano...i was banned from doing so while i was home yesterday (until i learn some new songs)

Hmmm. Well, the piano isn't an option. I don't like it as much as I do stringed instruments. And as for brass, well, believe it or not, I don't have that much hot air. :rolleyes: Hiphop, thanks for the well explained answer. I do think because I get frustrated easily when I try to learn new things and they don't come easily, the guitar would be a better choice.

I haven't decided yet, and I don't really have to until next fall. Hell, I don't ever have to decide if I don't want to! :D

Any other thoughts?

alright fine... i'll let it go...

3373362%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3Dxroqdf%3E2323387%3C65282ot1lsi

ok it's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
JEEEEZIS, that's a big-ass picture. I'm glad you decided to let it go. God knows what would've happened to us if you'd decided to not let it go.

: pouts: Now no one will look at my thread cos they don't want to wait for that stupid picture to load. :stampsfoot:

I :heart: piano too! I took lessons from when I was in 3rd grade till I was in 8th grade. I can still play a little, but I don't have a piano in my apartment (just a cheap keyboard that isn't even full length) so I've gotten kinda out of practice. :huh:

martha said:
And as for brass, well, believe it or not, I don't have that much hot air. :rolleyes:

Brass doesn't require hot air... It requires a lot of buzzing with your lips, which for first-timers beginners get an itchy sensation after playing brass...

Tuba, on the other hand, it's not so much a buzz than a flubberring of lips.

:shrug: Dunno why I know. I never played brass. I was a woodwind player in jr.hi

Headache, I shrunk your picture because it was ridiculously huge. I hope you don't mind.

As for what instrument to learn, I voted for guitar. My reason behind this is that I think guitar is an instrument that sounds great by itself whereas a cello would probably sound more interesting with accompaniment. Not that cello solos aren't beautiful, but I think it would be a lot more fulfilling to be able to play a song on guitar (with the added bonus of getting to sing along). It also depends on if you're interested in classical or popular music. If I were going to take the time to learn another instrument (I can play clarinet now), I'd definitely choose piano or guitar. But that's just me!

Omens

I was grooving this morning to of all things shaggy on the video clip show. He was singing a song about the strength of women.
side track warning:) I saw a Lisa Marie Presley film clip the previous weekend. My goodness, there were moments when she looked so much like her father, I think especially when she smiles. I hadn't noticed it so much before.
anyway...one of the women in the shaggy film clip was playing a cello:applaud: :dance: :drool:
I was also listening to Kasey today and realised one of her most beautiful songs features cello, so does Archie Roach....a beautiful instrument.
o mate, you are going to have fun, shop around....find the store with the cute salesman/musician
oh hang on, this is serious , there I go shopping again.
what about a celtic harp? or violin?
even with the shaggy omen, I still think the guitar may be the instrument for you. I'd get a steel string acoustic first and an electric one later. Oh my, are there some lovely guitars in the world
Have fun musiclover:)

best wishes to your hub too, in his travels and his studies.:wave:

ty martha, can I have two of them for me now, 50 for my hub and save the rest for later?
I nearly lost my old boy last night in the name of rock and roll...not to a groupie, but a black cow.He's Ok, but once we get the band van out of the ditch. I think I'll spend the rest of the day hugging him.
guitars and cars....and motorbikes and cellos:)...all good

Back
Top Bottom