Which famous poet are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
http://www.quizilla.com/users/elecid/quizzes/Which famous poet are you? (pictures and many outcomes)

1079477404_tsferlingh.jpg

You are Lawrence Ferlinghetti! Modern rebel and owner and proprietor of the City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco, Lawrence Ferlinghetti is known for his playful tone and innovative style. He is MY favorite poet, and the works of lawrence are always eye-opening socio-cultural critiques in a light-hearted tone. He is recognized as one of the most influential poets of the beat era

1079477610_poetsbyron.jpg

You are Lord Byron! Quite the Ladies' man, Byron wrote during the early 19th century. He was born with a deformity, and much of his life was spent with a sense of urgency, trying to suck up as much life as he could to make up for his own insecurities. He was a bisexual and died very young of fever.

Last edited:
1079478003_poetsplath.jpg

You are Sylvia Plath! She committed suicide by shoving her head in a gas oven. Congratulations! She was mentally troubled throughout her life, and toyed with the idea of suicide many times. She wrote brilliant and insightful poetry, although it was all autobiographical; poor sylvia had a hard time getting outside herself, and her connections with members of the opposite sex were troubled at best. She has been picked up since her death in the early sixties as a champion of the feminist cause.

You are Sylvia Plath! She committed suicide by shoving her head in a gas oven. Congratulations! She was mentally troubled throughout her life, and toyed with the idea of suicide many times. She wrote brilliant and insightful poetry, although it was all autobiographical; poor sylvia had a hard time getting outside herself, and her connections with members of the opposite sex were troubled at best. She has been picked up since her death in the early sixties as a champion of the feminist cause.

Why am I NOT surprised?

1079479321_hakespeare.jpg

You are William Shakespeare! The bard himself is known for his brilliant dramas and comedies, although his true identity remains a matter of contention. Shakespeare is a master of evoking timeless mysteries and is seen as the epitome of elizabethan style (at least by modern audiences).

1079477102_sdickinson.jpg

You are Emily Dickinson! Not all that much is known about Emily Dickinson, probably because she holed herself up in her room and wrote poetry. She didn't have very many connections with the world outside her house, and her poetry is very introspective and compartmentalized. You need to get out more.

:slant:

1079478003_poetsplath.jpg

1079477404_tsferlingh.jpg

You are Lawrence Ferlinghetti! Modern rebel and owner and proprietor of the City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco, Lawrence Ferlinghetti is known for his playful tone and innovative style. He is MY favorite poet, and the works of lawrence are always eye-opening socio-cultural critiques in a light-hearted tone. He is recognized as one of the most influential poets of the beat era.

:ohmy:

You are William Shakespeare! The bard himself is known for his brilliant dramas and comedies, although his true identity remains a matter of contention. Shakespeare is a master of evoking timeless mysteries and is seen as the epitome of elizabethan style (at least by modern audiences).

You are ee cummings! An experimental grammatical poet, ee cummings was surprisingly boring as an actual person. He wrote on topics of sex and war, and pioneered a new almost concretist style of avant-garde poetry which makes very little sense to the uninitiated.

You are Walt Whitman! Champion of the Transcendentalist American Ideal, Walt Whitman is one of the first poets to use the "free verse" form in America. He has been imitated, but will never be duplicated, just like you! Except for by everyone else who gets Walt Whitman ;)

Wasn't Walt Whitman on a Seinfeld episode? (Bonochick.. I know you can help me :wink:)

Ooh Salome! I wish I were Shakespeare! :love:

I'm Whitman tooo :D
1079472575_espoets003.jpg

"Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling." :shifty:

:laugh: I swear...when I clicked on the link I thought, "watch me be Emily Dickinson."

You are Emily Dickinson! Not all that much is known about Emily Dickinson, probably because she holed herself up in her room and wrote poetry. She didn't have very many connections with the world outside her house, and her poetry is very introspective and compartmentalized. You need to get out more.

:laugh: Does "posting on a message board more than necessary" count as writing poetry?

Salome said:
1079479321_hakespeare.jpg

same

i don't like ferhlenghetti

i closed the window and now i don't even know how to spell his name

good to know that while writing my honors project in high school i didn't turn into yeats...

Damn, I'm a recluse woman.:huh:

This link will not work for me :grumpy: not even when I copy and pasted it as Niamh posted it. Dammit. I know I'm Emily Dickinson anyway.

You are Lord Byron! Quite the Ladies' man, Byron wrote during the early 19th century. He was born with a deformity, and much of his life was spent with a sense of urgency, trying to suck up as much life as he could to make up for his own insecurities. He was a bisexual and died very young of fever.

^ I thought I'd be him but I turned out to be Walt Whitman whom I adore. I recently had the pleasure of meeting Ferlinghetti, though, and he's a doll. Very sweet and funny man.

edit: oh no, I've name-dropped twice today already and it's not even noon. Somebody shoot me. :reject:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom