Which famous poet are you? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Which famous poet are you?

http://www.quizilla.com/users/elecid...ny%20outcomes)

You are Lawrence Ferlinghetti! Modern rebel and owner and proprietor of the City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco, Lawrence Ferlinghetti is known for his playful tone and innovative style. He is MY favorite poet, and the works of lawrence are always eye-opening socio-cultural critiques in a light-hearted tone. He is recognized as one of the most influential poets of the beat era

Old 03-21-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:56 PM

You are Lord Byron! Quite the Ladies' man, Byron wrote during the early 19th century. He was born with a deformity, and much of his life was spent with a sense of urgency, trying to suck up as much life as he could to make up for his own insecurities. He was a bisexual and died very young of fever.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:56 AM

You are Sylvia Plath! She committed suicide by shoving her head in a gas oven. Congratulations! She was mentally troubled throughout her life, and toyed with the idea of suicide many times. She wrote brilliant and insightful poetry, although it was all autobiographical; poor sylvia had a hard time getting outside herself, and her connections with members of the opposite sex were troubled at best. She has been picked up since her death in the early sixties as a champion of the feminist cause.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Hey, are any of these people NOT troubled and sexually dysfunctional?
Old 03-21-2004, 08:13 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 PM
You are Sylvia Plath! She committed suicide by shoving her head in a gas oven. Congratulations! She was mentally troubled throughout her life, and toyed with the idea of suicide many times. She wrote brilliant and insightful poetry, although it was all autobiographical; poor sylvia had a hard time getting outside herself, and her connections with members of the opposite sex were troubled at best. She has been picked up since her death in the early sixties as a champion of the feminist cause.

Why am I NOT surprised?
Old 03-21-2004, 08:33 AM   #6
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:56 PM

You are William Shakespeare! The bard himself is known for his brilliant dramas and comedies, although his true identity remains a matter of contention. Shakespeare is a master of evoking timeless mysteries and is seen as the epitome of elizabethan style (at least by modern audiences).
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 03-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

You are Emily Dickinson! Not all that much is known about Emily Dickinson, probably because she holed herself up in her room and wrote poetry. She didn't have very many connections with the world outside her house, and her poetry is very introspective and compartmentalized. You need to get out more.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 10:56 AM

Old 03-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!

You are Lawrence Ferlinghetti! Modern rebel and owner and proprietor of the City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco, Lawrence Ferlinghetti is known for his playful tone and innovative style. He is MY favorite poet, and the works of lawrence are always eye-opening socio-cultural critiques in a light-hearted tone. He is recognized as one of the most influential poets of the beat era.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 10:56 AM

Old 03-21-2004, 04:44 PM   #11
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:56 AM
You are William Shakespeare! The bard himself is known for his brilliant dramas and comedies, although his true identity remains a matter of contention. Shakespeare is a master of evoking timeless mysteries and is seen as the epitome of elizabethan style (at least by modern audiences).
Old 03-21-2004, 06:30 PM   #12
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 AM
I'm Walt Whitman
Old 03-21-2004, 06:59 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:56 AM
You are ee cummings! An experimental grammatical poet, ee cummings was surprisingly boring as an actual person. He wrote on topics of sex and war, and pioneered a new almost concretist style of avant-garde poetry which makes very little sense to the uninitiated.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:11 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You are Walt Whitman! Champion of the Transcendentalist American Ideal, Walt Whitman is one of the first poets to use the "free verse" form in America. He has been imitated, but will never be duplicated, just like you! Except for by everyone else who gets Walt Whitman

Wasn't Walt Whitman on a Seinfeld episode? (Bonochick.. I know you can help me )
Old 03-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Ooh Salome! I wish I were Shakespeare!

I'm Whitman tooo

"Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling."