Which Famous People Have You Met?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I met Londoner Jason Allison one time, when he still played for the knights, but hes in the NHL now so good for him.

Umm... My uncle I suppose? He's the mayor of Hamilton? My grandpa used to be the President of Canada Trust... I havent met anyone that famous though... Well, Steve Smith and Rick Green -> the guys from the Red Green Show. Ummm... Yeah, Im pretty much done...

Originally posted by speedracer:
Vladimir Konstantinov, too?

Unfortunately, no, since he had gotten into that accident only a few days after the championship.
frown.gif

We have a poster somewhere of the Russian 5 with all of their autographs except for his. I hear he's doing really well lately, sometimes he's at the games to cheer the guys on, too.
smile.gif

Bono
Edge
Noel Gallagher
Keith Richards ( we didn't talk but he waved at me and smiled)
A few Argentinian musicians
Cardinal O'Connor ( NY Cardinal. Ok, i know he wasn't exactly a celebrity, but he was to me.He was a really sweet and funny man)

And it think that's all...lol

Flavia

Geographically challenged, they have to come to me...so only Australians. Old rockers mainly.
Partied with Jimmy Barnes and the guys from Cold Chisel after a gig one night...well if you call playing Yahtzee, partying
smile.gif

Brain and the guys from The Radiators.
Tommy Emmanuel's band at the time. Rob inspired hub to buy his first 5 string bass.

Peter Garrett was definitely checking me out
biggrin.gif
backstage at a very early Midnight Oil gig(we were with the support band)They'd rememeber that nigth, one of the lighting riggers stuck his head in a ceiling fan before we could yell"Watch Out!!" he went to hospital and was back at the show in a couple of hours.Years later, he drew the raffle at a fund raiser I was involved with.

I was right next to the stage and made Russell Crowe laugh at his gig in Coffs last year. (following an interaction with his guitarist, made their web site apparently, oh dear)
Michael Hutchence and his mum years ago. They were building a new house and I worked in interior decorating at the time.
Umm, latest claim to fame I've discovered, Simon Baker(I knew him as Simon Denny)is now becoming known in Hollywood. I baby sat him when his family first moved to my home town.

I usually lurk in the shadows at gigs, so that's about my list...been lotsa fun.

I shook Toby Keith's hand at the OU football championship celebration last year...

And for any classical music buffs, I've met Marilyn Horn and talked with Van Cliburn (my piano prof was his host).

And that's about it. No real big celebrities, and no U2....yet.

------------------
I've conquered my past
The future is here at last
I stand at the entrance
To a new world I can see
The ruins to the right of me
Will soon have lost sight of me
Love rescue me

Originally posted by zonelistener:
I can confirm - he was an ass when I saw him at a gathering. I avoided him. To add to it, he may have been drunk too (makes celebrities more of an ass)!

but my favorite was Bill Murray. I was actually nervous around him - but he was great.

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 01-31-2002).]

really cause i got told bill murray was an arsehole, i had a crush on him when i was about 8 and when someone told me their story of meetin him and how horrible he was i was sooooooo disapointed.

hewson wow what was it like meetin springsteen,what was said,
hes been like my buddah all my life
smile.gif

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

[This message has been edited by novia (edited 02-04-2002).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I think the only famous person I have ever met in my life was Green Bay Packer legend Bart Starr.

Bonochick:

I will see Bart Starr at my friend's wedding Saturday. I will tell him you said "hello."

~U2Alabama

hundreds upon hundreds of sporting personalities here in England over the past five years

but amusingly i once met the wrestler the British Bulldog from the WWF. he lives in the town next to me here in England... so obviously i bumped into him in Orlando airport!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LIST!
Bono - got a hug!
Edge - briefly - gave camera angle advice.
Adam - we had a moment - he came back to talk to me after I first spoke with him - sweetie! Direct eye contact - intense.
Larry - very quiet and cute.

ALSO:
Kenneth Branagh - on the street in England -yummy!
Mel Gibson - he laughed at me because I cleaned the mountain - (the snow in my underwear kind of wipe out).
Harry Hamlin and wife Lisa Renna - at the liquor store.
Slash - very weird, quiet guy.
Brian James - went to grade school with him -he was the star of Titanic on Broadway and was on Rosie a few times as a result. (hey - fame is fame, right?)

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

the only famous person that i've actually hung out with for more than a few minutes is Rivers Cuomo from Weezer. it was completely random- i was studying in paris a few summers ago, and was hanging out w/ friends in a bar. we got friendly w/ another group of people, and rivers ended up being in that group. i didn't know who he was until someone told me. a whole bunch of us hung out all night (literally), ending up at some random dude's apartment, watching the sun rise at 6 am. it was surreal.

living in NYC, i see famous people pretty frequently. the two biggest stars i've seen are gwyneth paltrow and jerry seinfeld- gwyneth i saw walking around Union square, and i almost ran into seinfeld in Central Park.

i got larry and edge's autograph on this past tour, and managed to say something silly to both of them... *smacks self on forehead*. but i don't know if that's considered "meeting" them. if it is, then i'm hoping to one day 'meet' bono and the elusive adam clayton. *sigh*
wink.gif

oh, and i went to college with claire danes and a host of TV personalities: a couple of 'wonder years' cast members, darlene from "roseanne", and kelli martin (of "ER" and "Life Goes On" fame).
rolleyes.gif

Ok so as u all know (well the nice Pleba ladies, inc Miss Gina Marie) Im thoroughly addicted to Jimmy Nesbitt.........but I have seen Bono, Edge (hey Pleba YET have to read those stories!!!!!
biggrin.gif
); when they were around - Bewitched - who are all 4ft tall; that big hammerhead, (whatcha call him, hes got no teeth........ummmmmmmm) *tinks* - oh yes, well that big smelly fecker from The Pogues: seen Adam Claytons leg; uhhhhm thats it really........cause

NO FAMOUS PPLE COME TO SHOP IN BELFAST AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

frown.gif

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:

Jimmy Buffet

Ohmyholygodinheaven. Jimmy Buffet is so great. His music is just so much fun. Where did you meet him? Is he nice? Wow. You've met the Jimmy. I'm so jealous.

I've never met him but I run into Colonel Oliver North in the locale supermarket from time to time. He lives here so maybe that doesn't count.

Dan Ackroyd's in-laws live close by...I've seen him here but haven't met him.

I once saw Larry King in a locale Howard Johnsons.

The most famous person I've actually met was Jack Kent Cooke...the late owner of the Washington Redskins. My husband was his driver and he got to meet lots of famous people but they didn't impress him all that much...that's one reason he got the job. Mr. Cooke didn't want someone who went gaga every time he was asked to pick up someone famous at the airport.

dream wanderer

Harrison Ford
Demi Moore
Steve Buscemi
Michael Clark Duncan
Mandy Moore
Rob Schnieder
Mariah Carey
Bruce Willis
Frazuka Balk
Liv Tyler
Billy Bob Thorton
Kathy Bates
Sydney Pollack
Michael Bay
William Fichtner(the confederated products guy from GO)
Owen Wilson
Mellisa Joan Hart
Adam Sandler
Iggy Pop(Just shook his hand after a concert, but damnit, I shook IGGY POP'S hand!)
King Missle

George Clinton and most of P-Funk(what was cool other than meeting him is that we were filming a disney promo and we got a free concert. Clinton played WE WANT THE FUNK over and over for about 3 to 5 hours. I'm not sure of the time cuase each performance was brilliant. I couldn't believe I was enjoying the same song over and over but Clinton and his band knew how to keep the fever up. Add that to the fact I got to meet one of my musical heroes and get paid for it, that was a fun day. The promo never aired for some reason, they cut the performance out except for one shot from far away, I think it may have been because the keyboardist kept his middle finger up a majority of the time.

Henry Wrinkler(He was the nicest and coolest person followed by Buscemi and Harrison Ford)I convinced Wrinkler to stick his hand in fire, but that's another story.

All the people in MatchBox Twenty

That Woman from the English Patient(Kristen Scott Thomas? I dunno, she was in Random Hearts too.)

All of CREED(I also knew Scott as a kid, his parents used to yell at me whenever I Was around, which really wasn't often. His dad is a dentist and screwed up the teeth of every person in my family except for me and my dad.)

Ben Affleck(he hit on my mom, but he was kidding)(Actually my brother did a movie with that kid from Home improvement and Mark Hammel[Luke] and he tickled my mom, so I dunno, maybe my mom is just bait)

The nicest person I've heard about is Anthony Hopkins. My grandfather was in INSTINCT as one of the mental patients, just a glorified extra really. My grandfather is about 70 and in better shape than I am, but he's thin and looks frail. I guess Hopkins noticed this and invited my Grandfather to eat with the Cast, so my grandfather instead of getting the normal food got Lobster, Steak, whatever. The funniest thing is that my Grandfather has no real idea of who Hopkins is, or Cuba Gooding Jr., so he didn't even think much of it.

The other cool thing Hopkins did; He promised to give everyone autographs and such on a certain day. The day before he messed up his ankle somehow and couldn't walk for a bit, he came in the day he promised anyway and signed autographs from a wheel chair.

I'd never put a list like this together, kinda fun. I think there's more, but I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom