Which Famous People Have You Met? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-02-2002, 09:22 AM   #61
I serve MacPhisto
Local Time: 08:22 AM
Well, I met Londoner Jason Allison one time, when he still played for the knights, but hes in the NHL now so good for him.

Umm... My uncle I suppose? He's the mayor of Hamilton? My grandpa used to be the President of Canada Trust... I havent met anyone that famous though... Well, Steve Smith and Rick Green -> the guys from the Red Green Show. Ummm... Yeah, Im pretty much done...

Old 02-02-2002, 10:13 AM   #62
Blue Crack Distributor
Originally posted by speedracer:
Vladimir Konstantinov, too?
Unfortunately, no, since he had gotten into that accident only a few days after the championship.

We have a poster somewhere of the Russian 5 with all of their autographs except for his. I hear he's doing really well lately, sometimes he's at the games to cheer the guys on, too.

Old 02-03-2002, 07:46 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Noel Gallagher
Keith Richards ( we didn't talk but he waved at me and smiled)
A few Argentinian musicians
Cardinal O'Connor ( NY Cardinal. Ok, i know he wasn't exactly a celebrity, but he was to me.He was a really sweet and funny man)

And it think that's all...lol

Old 02-04-2002, 02:07 AM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Geographically challenged, they have to come to me...so only Australians. Old rockers mainly.
Partied with Jimmy Barnes and the guys from Cold Chisel after a gig one night...well if you call playing Yahtzee, partying
Brain and the guys from The Radiators.
Tommy Emmanuel's band at the time. Rob inspired hub to buy his first 5 string bass.

Peter Garrett was definitely checking me out backstage at a very early Midnight Oil gig(we were with the support band)They'd rememeber that nigth, one of the lighting riggers stuck his head in a ceiling fan before we could yell"Watch Out!!" he went to hospital and was back at the show in a couple of hours.Years later, he drew the raffle at a fund raiser I was involved with.

I was right next to the stage and made Russell Crowe laugh at his gig in Coffs last year. (following an interaction with his guitarist, made their web site apparently, oh dear)
Michael Hutchence and his mum years ago. They were building a new house and I worked in interior decorating at the time.
Umm, latest claim to fame I've discovered, Simon Baker(I knew him as Simon Denny)is now becoming known in Hollywood. I baby sat him when his family first moved to my home town.

I usually lurk in the shadows at gigs, so that's about my list...been lotsa fun.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:51 AM   #65
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
I shook Toby Keith's hand at the OU football championship celebration last year...

And for any classical music buffs, I've met Marilyn Horn and talked with Van Cliburn (my piano prof was his host).

And that's about it. No real big celebrities, and no U2....yet.

I've conquered my past
The future is here at last
I stand at the entrance
To a new world I can see
The ruins to the right of me
Will soon have lost sight of me
Love rescue me
Old 02-04-2002, 06:43 AM   #66
Local Time: 02:22 PM
Steven Tyler of Aerosmith....

"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"
Old 02-04-2002, 03:56 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl:
Brad Pitt
hehehe....and I know where he lives too

Is he nice?

Old 02-05-2002, 02:36 AM   #68
The Fly
Local Time: 01:22 PM
Originally posted by zonelistener:
I can confirm - he was an ass when I saw him at a gathering. I avoided him. To add to it, he may have been drunk too (makes celebrities more of an ass)!

but my favorite was Bill Murray. I was actually nervous around him - but he was great.

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 01-31-2002).]
really cause i got told bill murray was an arsehole, i had a crush on him when i was about 8 and when someone told me their story of meetin him and how horrible he was i was sooooooo disapointed.

hewson wow what was it like meetin springsteen,what was said,
hes been like my buddah all my life

"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

[This message has been edited by novia (edited 02-04-2002).]
Old 02-07-2002, 08:21 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Bonochick:
I think the only famous person I have ever met in my life was Green Bay Packer legend Bart Starr.

I will see Bart Starr at my friend's wedding Saturday. I will tell him you said "hello."

Old 02-07-2002, 09:00 PM   #70
The Fly
You know the Happy Days song? Well, my orchestra teacher played guitar and sang the low 'oh happy days' part. He's not really famous anymore, but he was.

I liek milk!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:04 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Add Jamiroquai to my list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:49 PM   #72
Local Time: 02:22 PM
hundreds upon hundreds of sporting personalities here in England over the past five years

but amusingly i once met the wrestler the British Bulldog from the WWF. he lives in the town next to me here in England... so obviously i bumped into him in Orlando airport!
Old 02-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #73
War Child
Local Time: 09:22 AM
Bono - got a hug!
Edge - briefly - gave camera angle advice.
Adam - we had a moment - he came back to talk to me after I first spoke with him - sweetie! Direct eye contact - intense.
Larry - very quiet and cute.

Kenneth Branagh - on the street in England -yummy!
Mel Gibson - he laughed at me because I cleaned the mountain - (the snow in my underwear kind of wipe out).
Harry Hamlin and wife Lisa Renna - at the liquor store.
Slash - very weird, quiet guy.
Brian James - went to grade school with him -he was the star of Titanic on Broadway and was on Rosie a few times as a result. (hey - fame is fame, right?)

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."
Old 02-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #74
I met Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and a couple Star Trek Voyager actors at a sci-fi convention.

I took a script writing class taught by Tom Joachim, who wrote for WKRP In Cincinatti and Charlie's Angels. We see each other every week and chat.

It's the Bono Action Figure!
Old 02-08-2002, 10:25 AM   #75
New Yorker
the only famous person that i've actually hung out with for more than a few minutes is Rivers Cuomo from Weezer. it was completely random- i was studying in paris a few summers ago, and was hanging out w/ friends in a bar. we got friendly w/ another group of people, and rivers ended up being in that group. i didn't know who he was until someone told me. a whole bunch of us hung out all night (literally), ending up at some random dude's apartment, watching the sun rise at 6 am. it was surreal.

living in NYC, i see famous people pretty frequently. the two biggest stars i've seen are gwyneth paltrow and jerry seinfeld- gwyneth i saw walking around Union square, and i almost ran into seinfeld in Central Park.

i got larry and edge's autograph on this past tour, and managed to say something silly to both of them... *smacks self on forehead*. but i don't know if that's considered "meeting" them. if it is, then i'm hoping to one day 'meet' bono and the elusive adam clayton. *sigh*