Which Decongestant works best for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
I have had this cold for over a :censored: week and my normal stuff is not working!!! :banghead: I had been using Tylenol Sinus and then I switched to Claratin D because it started to feel more like allergies.

People at work say I should get plain old Sudafed. :shrug:

:help: I am tired of this drip.

Claritin-D (non-prescription nearly everywhere) and Allegra-D (prescription in the U.S.; non-prescription nearly everywhere else) are probably the two I'd suggest, as well.

Melon

I use products with pseudoephedrine and not the other one (I think it starts with "a"). So, Sudafed or any generic that has the same drug and the same dose. It works the best for me and I get virual sinus/chest infections. I'm not sure if it works for allergies or colds you'd take antibiotics for (not viral). It makes it so that I can comfortably breathe. However, it's a stimulant so I have trouble sleeping unless I also take Tylenol PM or something to knock me out. It also makes lights seem a lot brighter!

Honestly, a good multi-vitamin, extra Vitamin E and C, and about 25 mg of Zinc will help you so much more in the long run. By boosting your immune system you can enhance your ability to get over shit faster. A lot of people believe if you have a strong immune system you don't get sick; actually, you can still get sick, you just get better sooner.
Additionally, there are plenty of foods that will clear your sinuses (think spicy). You might also wish to avoid milk products.

Back
Top Bottom