Which concert should I go to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which concert should I go to?

• The Strokes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Elbow

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Doves

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Hallelujah Here She Comes

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yeah...so there are three concerts that I reaaaally want to go to in the next two months. But being the poor college student compulsive shopper that I am, I can only afford to buy tickets to one of them right now. And it's up to YOU to help me decide. My choices are, in descending order of price:

1) The Strokes
2) Elbow
3) Doves

Thoughts? Opinions? Compliments about my excellent taste in music? Bring it on! :yell:

I say Doves because their body of work is stronger...but I've seen The Strokes and Elbow in concert, and neither one disappoint. I heard Doves' performance at Glastonbury (sic?) and it was very, very good...hard choice indeed!

i voted strokes cause i am so excited for that show i could bust something. i heard they kick ass live. i would :heart: to see the other two also.

DAMN YOU ALL for picking the most expensive concert! :yell: ;)

I found out the tickets to Doves only cost $7 cause they're playing at some wierd-ass festival thingy, so I might be able to see them in addition to one of the others. :D

Keep the opinions a-comin'...

I really hope you're able to see the Doves in addition to whoever else you choose. I think I know the weird-ass festival thing you're talking about, by the way.... Anyway, Doves are AMAZING live. Really, beyond words. I'm seeing them in September and then again in England in December and can't wait. They're one of the best live bands I've ever seen, and it's nice to be able to see them play small venues.

i almost picked elbow, but no go to doves.
the strokes are over rated.

THE DOVES!!!!

if not then Elbow. arent they opening for the Doves anyway?

i too feel the Strokes are overrated from the handfull of songs ive heard out of them

Elbow's album is the best thing around but the Doves have 2 very good albums out now, lucky me saw them both in one night :D

besides, The Strokes singer is on crutches right now after fucking up his leg, though I hear they are debuting some new songs on this tour that are better than anything on their mediocre debut album, so who knows, but they still don't messure up to Elbow and Doves

What a decision!!

This is a toughie....although ELbow is my second favorite band at the moment, I would go with Doves---they are absolutely AMAZING live...I am so heartbroken that they cancelled my city....I now have to return my tix and be forever sad.....But I've heard SOME of the strokes and they are very good....I say--go to Elbow and Doves and skip the expensive one----you'll get more for your money. Cmon ten extra dollars? Trust me it will be worth it....

Blue_Angel said:
THE DOVES!!!!

if not then Elbow. arent they opening for the Doves anyway?

I wish! They toured together earlier in the year but, alas, no more. But I could go see them both for less that the Strokes tickets would cost. We shall see.

I have tentatively decided to go to Doves and Elbow, since I can see them both for less than the Strokes concert. And Wanderer brought up the excellent point that the Strokes may not be at their best at the moment. SO. Doves and Elbow it is.

Heh. I see that the Strokes one the poll. Ah, well.

Thanks for your input, everybody. :)

*TEMPT*

Well, Doves does cost only $7...

And, hell, Elbow is only $13...

Surely you could squeeze one of those into your ever-expanding concert budget. :)

What? Me? A bad influence? NEVER. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom