Which Album Should Come Next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I'm continuing my musical discovery, and I am currently tossing up bewteen about four or five albums.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
David Bowie
Saw it for $10 the other day.

Exile on Main St.
Rolling Stones
Just always bought up when talking about the Stones.

The Beatles
The Beatles
I already have Disc One.

Abbey Road
The Beatles
From being told 'you can't go wrong with Abbey Road'

Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd
I've heard bits and pieces of WYWH and I like, I like. Plus I want to impress Dad....

or

The Twelfth Man
The Twelfth Man
Funny shit.

I am leaning towards The Beatles, because I do already the first disc.

Help a brother out! :crazy:

I'd be going for

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars...I "got" this just the other day, It was kind of my introduction to Bowie's Music...and I really Enjoyed it.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here.
The Whole Album is great...the title track is brilliant...I also love "Welcome To The Machine" and "Have A Cigar"....:drool:

You should also treat yourself with some Muse, If your lucky JB-Hi Fi Might still have the Absolution album for $10.

Abbey Road, without a doubt...

When I was a kid, all my parents would listen to was from "Here Comes The Sun" and on so for the longest time that's what I thought Abbey Road was. :wink:

Quite honestly it would still be an awesome album without the first six tracks, but you have to love Come Together, Something and Maxwell's Silver Hammer...:drool:

Exile on Main Street :drool: I bought this album awhile ago but only really started listening to it at the end of last year. I love it because it's so rough around the edges. It's fun and rocking and diverse--a big difference from many of the songs in the Stones' canon that everyone knows.

Rocks Off might be my very favorite opening track from any album. My neighbor probably cringes every time she hears it, because I usually play it a few times in a row. Sweet Virginia, Happy, Ventilator Blues, and I Just Want to See His Face get cranked up in my apartment quite a bit, too.

And come on, who doesn't want to own an album that features a song called Turd On the Run? :wink:

These kinds of threads make me sad. I remember when I used to be new to all this classic music. :(

Probably because many of the first pressings of White Album on CD were two single discs with individual cases, rather than having both in the current double disc, single package format.

At any rate, I say go with Floyd.

U2DMfan said:
Probably because many of the first pressings of White Album on CD were two single discs with individual cases, rather than having both in the current double disc, single package format.

Either that or torrents. :wink:

Abbey Road is the best one to get into first, then Ziggy, then Wish You Were Here.

Exile is a monster album too, but it's best listened to last.

I'd go for Abbey Road first, too. Of course, I'm in a major Beatles phase at the moment. :wink:

COBL_04 said:
I'm continuing my musical discovery, and I am currently tossing up bewteen about four or five albums.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
David Bowie
Saw it for $10 the other day.

Exile on Main St.
Rolling Stones

The Beatles
The Beatles
I already have Disc One.

Abbey Road
The Beatles
From being told 'you can't go wrong with Abbey Road'

Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd
I've heard bits and pieces of WYWH and I like, I like. Plus I want to impress Dad....

or

The Twelfth Man
The Twelfth Man
Funny shit.

I am leaning towards The Beatles, because I do already the first disc.

Help a brother out! :crazy:

Abbey Road
Exile on Main Street
Ziggy
Wish You Were Here

In that order. IMO

BTW - that is not a listing of best to worst, but rather a good flow of music development.

Last edited:
intedomine said:
Get the White Album in full.....you need to hear Savoy Truffle, Long Long Long and Good Night

Disc 2 is so much better than disc 1 it's not even funny. :crazy:

COBL_04 said:
Exile on Main St.
Rolling Stones

[/B]

:drool: that one. i hate to pick anything over the beatles, but i can't tell you to get one beatles album over another. you'd have to go acquire the entire back catalogue. so i'm saying go for the stones. and go quickly!!

i posted something about knowing pretty much no stones songs a year or two, maybe 3 ago, and mrbrau hooked me up with some tunes (exile and sticky fingers) for starters.

i just got done saying on another board that i've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to listen to that album too many times. it was a thread about music in your cd player/on the ipod. it's one of the things i've been listenig to on the drive to and from work (it's a 40 min commute, but when it snowed a week or two ago the roads were bad enough that i had to go slow enough that i managed to hear the entire record during the way in). at my old job i listened to it almost every shift. beginning to end it's excellent, none of the tracks need to be skipped because they don't get tiresome sooner than others. it's classic for a reason.

Well so far it's Abbey Road followed by Ziggy Stardust... and I was thinking about Absolution as well I must say. I only have one disc of The Beatles because when my uncle burnt it for me he could only find Disc One. I have to say though, it's fairly high quality, except for Wild Honey Pie. That is absolute GARBAGE. There's experimental, and then there's "we'll take a shit, record it, see the reaction" experimental. That's what WHP is. It poisoned my ears. Terrible.

Absolution is perhaps Muse' most balanced Album, Or , Perhaps The strongest album they have put together to date (And I love Black Holes And Revelations!)

The Thing is, its tough to pick a weak track on Absolution....Life or death, if I HAD to pick one....It would Probably be "Endlessly"....I don't dislike it..
"Ruled By Secrecy" is my favorite track on the album at the moment, you gotta love Matt's Piano work.

I'd go for one of the albums you mentioned, and if you've some cash left over and Absolution is still going cheap, grab it as well, if your disappointed, well...your not human!

Back
Top Bottom