Which Airline Do You Use When You Travel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The other day I was talking with a friend about travelling and having to fly to most of my travel destinations (ugh) and I intimated that I only fly Delta.

Just Delta? they asked. Yep! Just Delta! But the thing is, other than a good safety record,.. I have no idea why!

What about you guys? What airlines do you fly and why?

Northwest (because it does the only direct flights to Detroit from Boston) and U.S. Airways (because it is the major airliner at Boston's airport).

Melon

Well, I have to fly with my company's preferred providers which limits my choices to about three airlines. Usually, I end up having to fly American.

Argh Ansett.

I would prefer QANTAS at all times...."gotta fly QANTAS". I cant think of that airline without thinking Rainman.

I have a fear of airlines with those really slim aeroplanes. I need a big fat Boeing.

:|

well I used to always fly with Continental...till my dad retired a couple years ago :sigh: I still try to use them when I can if it's affordable, but usually I just use whatever is cheapest that Travelocity.com finds me...last time I flew it found US Airways, this time when I'm going to Vegas, I'm flying American Airlines, but I really have no preference.

The prices that I found on Delta, at least this time, were actually more expensive :shrug:

the cheapest one. :D

Delta
Continental
Northwest
American
TWA
Airtran
Vangard
Garuda (Indonesian)
Merpati (Indonesian)
Bouraq (Indonesian)
EVA Air (Taiwanese)
Ryanair
Scandanavian Air
Icelandair
Easyjet
Canada Air

so far....

US Air mostly because Pittsburgh is one of their Hubs. My brother works for Delta, and I have on ocassion flown on. I can get buddy passes but I have to fly standby.

flying :no:

I avoid flying at all costs. But when I do its Southwest and only Southwest :uhoh:

i fly whatever airline is cheapest, which is usually northwest. luckily, where my mom works has some travel agents so they can book the flights for us and really do the searching for cheap flights. i fly like less than once a year. last time i did was just about two years ago, during saint patrick's day weekend of 2001.

I fly about four times a year, I guess.

Oh, and how far....not very. I fly to Evansville, IN to visit my mom and to Charlotte, NC to visit my dad. Sometimes I fly to Louisville, KY as well.

Last edited:
For all that fly Delta. Just talked to my brother today and he told me if we go to war Delta will be cutting their flights by 20%, especially the overseas will get the biggest cut. I imagine this will be the same for all the other airlines as well.

I seriously fly whatever airline has the best deal. I dont' care who it is. I flew Air Transat last time, and the time before that Alaskan, and the time before that Air Canada, Air Lingus and the time before that Westjet, and the time before that :sigh: I don't remember... KLM. :up:
I have also flown Cathay Pacific and Scandanavian Air. The only US airline I ever flew on was Alaskan. :shrug:

I choose my airline by price and until Ouizyair is up and running, I'll continue to do so.

If I had to choose a favorite, it would be Delta. I'm flying Hawaiin Airlines home from Vegas, which seems a little strange but the price was right :shrug:

I probably fly 2 to 3 times per year, usually not very far...San Francisco, Vegas, Salt Lake City, Tulsa.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
hey did y'all know that Hooters now has an airline?! :tsk: :down: Hooter's Air. I am not kidding, i am so pleased and proud to know they will be flying directly out of Atlanta to all of the redneck Rivera?s in the Southeast! :scream:

Just in time for Spring Break in Panama City Beach!!! :laugh: :no:

The founder of Hooters went to my university. :| It's even funnier if you know the details of where I went to school.

I don't even know what airline my ticket is for in May. I guess I should figure that out....

Back
Top Bottom