Wheres big Melon a moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
HEY MELON BAWLS!!!!

quick question, though I bet u have mentioned this 2 tousand times..

U always have 'My Two Cents' at the bottom of u posts............is this based on the TV series? Or ya just sayin it like that saying 'My Two Cents'....only, without handing the money over......its just a 'sayin'

???????????????????????????

biggrin.gif

Are you referring to me?

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Okay...I finally understand this post. I thought, at first, that mad1 was referring to my signature. So, I was like what??????

Mostly, why I do say, "My two cents...," here and there, is because, when I write that, I want to avoid the usual flame war that goes on whenever I post a controversial idea. What it is short for is:

"this is my opinion...if you don't like it, it is *my* opinion. you are free to dislike it, and I don't want to go into a 300 post thread where we go back and forth."

For some reason, people tend to think that a lot of what I write is like me trying to pronounce gospel truth, when, in fact, I just want to offer an objectively neutral opinion.

Now, if I'm in a more argumentative mood, then I'm sure to let everyone know.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Back
Top Bottom