Where Reynolds Cut the Firewood, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some good Joy Division tracks for DI VI to choose from...Got anything 2 minutes or less?

... no. Plenty around the 3-5 minute mark!

By the way, you ever listened to post-punk band The Chameleons at all? Because I'm always on the lookout for somebody to rave about their album Script Of The Bridge with, but few people know of their existence. Damn shame, as Don't Fall is one of the finest album openers ever. May use it in DI VI.

I've long since stopped actively trying to just push my music onto people and convert them. Those who seem interested when it comes up in conversation, then I'll give it a try - such as in your case, Serena. Or if I know somebody's taste and think they'd enjoy something or wonder if they've heard something I'm enjoying, then I'll bring it up. But in general ... I used to push U2 onto people in my over-eager U2 fanlad days, and we all know how I feel about anything I did or posted around 2003-04. :lol:

I've long since stopped actively trying to just push my music onto people and convert them. Those who seem interested when it comes up in conversation, then I'll give it a try - such as in your case, Serena. Or if I know somebody's taste and think they'd enjoy something or wonder if they've heard something I'm enjoying, then I'll bring it up. But in general ... I used to push U2 onto people in my over-eager U2 fanlad days, and we all know how I feel about anything I did or posted around 2003-04. :lol:
Oh I just figured since he was sitting there and asked what I was listening to, I'd hand the headphones to him! He listened for exactly 45 seconds and then handed it back to me and said, "Cool.". :lol:

If I recall correctly, you said you were tempted to see if you could get me into PT and I told you go for it. Now I'm all fangirl. :tsk: Damn you.

Plus, quite frankly, I don't believe most people really, truly appreciate music, but take it only casually, and I tend to be into music where that's the wrong approach and you're not so likely to appreciate it if all you really do is casually listen to the radio and a few Greatest Hits CDs. Obviously, this is less the case on Interference, where we're all obviously into music seriously in at least some regard. But when I posted on other forums, or with my friends offline ... I just don't even bother. I think I could possibly turn Jamie into a metal fan, since he dug the first few minutes of Opeth's Bleak when I never expected him to, but most people, nah.

... no. Plenty around the 3-5 minute mark!

By the way, you ever listened to post-punk band The Chameleons at all? Because I'm always on the lookout for somebody to rave about their album Script Of The Bridge with, but few people know of their existence. Damn shame, as Don't Fall is one of the finest album openers ever. May use it in DI VI.
Heard them? no. Heard of them? no. :D I'm unhelpful.

I love music - while I tend to like hits at first, I prefer most of the back stuff that ou don't hear on the radio. My brother claims to be all music fiend when in reality, all he likes is the crap that he hears on the radio. I've sat at mum's before when the radio was on and I'll hear some songs two or three times within in a two hour visit. It's horrible. I don't see how folk stand the radio.

My biggest problem is that I haven't had much access or exposure to a lot of music. So I am well deprived.

What I thought of was kind of funny, but not a gut buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom