Where poets speak their hearts then DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious...you guys might know the answer to this so i'm going to ask it here instead of making a new thread.
was Larry and Edge playing with R.E.M [Automatic Baby] for Clinton's inaugural thing ever recorded? does anyone have it?

^
Yes they did.

VertigoGal said:

hey ZD...as a poet, what advice do you have for someone who attempts to write but everytime comes back to the same cliched subject? like in the way of inspiration and stuff...

When I’m in a rut I usually read poems and novels and or listen to music that had previously influenced my own writing style and I then would take a new more concise or abstract angle on what said writers spoke about their work.

By doing this you aren’t plagiarising anyone but at the same time allowing yourself to become familiar with various literary techniques.

Also never force yourself to write just write in the way that comes naturally to you and always consider yourself before your potential audience.

Last edited:
ZeroDude said:

When I’m in a rut I usually read poems and novels and or listen to music that had previously influenced my own writing style and I then would take a new more concise or abstract angle on what said writers spoke about their work.

By doing this you aren’t plagiarising anyone but at the time allowing yourself to become familiar with various literary techniques.

Also never force yourself to write just write in the way that comes naturally to you and always consider yourself before your potential audience.

I haven't read any books/poetry lately...do have any suggestions of authors to get into? I think that's part of my problem

(I also think sometimes, when I write I always try to go straight for my deepest emotions/secrets/personal topics and end up disgusted with myself. i need to consider the world outside of myself when I write, if you know what I mean...)

tuwie said:
awwww circa :hug:
what do you have to do for it? is it a huge thing?

It's the final project for in health and it's about smoking :grumpy: I have to make a poster and pamphlet :angry:

And I HAVE to get an A on it or else I don't get straight A's on my report card :uhoh:

circa1992 said:

It's the final project for in health and it's about smoking :grumpy: I have to make a poster and pamphlet :angry:

And I HAVE to get an A on it or else I don't get straight A's on my report card :uhoh:

Why do you need straight A's

circa1992 said:

just say "if you smoke you will die. actually, even if you don't smoke, you'll still die...but if you smoke, you will die ummmmmm...sooner. although in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter when you die...because we're all going to die at some point."

thaaaaat'll get you an A!

circa1992 said:

Because I put a lot of pressure on myself every quarter to get straight A's...I don't know why :shrug:

Strange, barely anyone would do that here, on the Junior Cert only about a dozen students in the country get straight A's

VertigoGal said:

just say "if you smoke you will die. actually, even if you don't smoke, you'll still die...but if you smoke, you will die ummmmmm...sooner. although in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter when you die...because we're all going to die at some point."

thaaaaat'll get you an A!

:lmao: :lmao:

If only I could hand in that.....:lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom