Where has Paula Cole gone?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellBeThere

War Child
I was trying there to channel 'where have all the cowboys gone' , sorry it was lame.

Maybe this is just my trip...(well I know for sure that I'm on a major one now...)

But for a bunch of reasons I've been wanting to re-visit her
"This Fire" recording.
I just spent a good 1/2 hour driving around bawling like I haven't done for years, and left the disc in my car, so I don't have the release date handy...

1996 I think?

Do people still listen to that record!? Has she done more stuff!?

It's just a fucking stunning LP to me!
I hadn't listened to it in a really long time, but I dug it out for
when I decided to pull vertigo out the stereo, and
I finally did this morning and listened to the first two tracks

"Tiger Lily" and "Where have all the cowboys gone" (she invites her cowboy to have a lemonade, dammit, so I decided then to post here!)
and they're brilliant,

but then I got to the track I feared listening to and
ended up realizing why (then came the bawling...lucky I didn't have a car crash really)..."Throwing Stones" turns out to be a heavy heavy follow-up
to Vertigo for me!

It's a very womanly trip, so I just have no idea if it has appeal to men at all.

I can't get any data from my own hubby (tried before!), cuz asking him about it
is so loaded that it sends us on the same inter-spiritual "hydroplaning"...(fuck, I can't bring myself to footnote internet posts to give credit for a good phrasing, so thanks-in-parens to elfyx..i love that!)
that the song depicts, and I'm just too blown away lately to even try that.

So I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows it/likes it/has a feeling about it.

I started to listen to the rest of the LP ( the track after "Throwing Stones", "Carmen", is like an icepack after Throwing Stones), but I had to stop driving for a while.

anyway, cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom