Where Everybody Knows Your Name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tink

The Fly
Ok, so Cheers.

I've been making my way through the DVDs since last May now and in the process have reacquainted myself with a programme that had grown rosy amidst my chilldhod memories of Friday night telly.

Any other fans of the uber-ly cool Boston bar?

I loved Cheers the first few years. I think it lost most of its' charm after Shelley Long left. It's still funny in reruns though after all these years.

I only liked it because of Ted Danson and Shelley Long ...

The characters Sam Malone and Diane Chambers ... :bow:

Otherwise, I found the rest of the the show quite boring ... :tsk:

Aardvark747 said:
I'm a fan. It's my fave. US comedy (dis-counting The Simpsons) it pisses all over Friends and the like.

I enjoy Friends but it doesn't seem quite so fresh when you look back at the old eps of Cheers where they were doing the same set-piece comedy with sharper scripts. I think because its not on telly as much as Friends in the UK [although I can't speak for anywhere else else], Cheers has a nostalgic quality that's as comforting as the theme tune.

Oh, and one more thing? Bring back The Danson. Please?

ted_002.JPG
pic06_lg.jpg

tink said:

I enjoy Friends but it doesn't seem quite so fresh when you look back at the old eps of Cheers where they were doing the same set-piece comedy with sharper scripts. I think because its not on telly as much as Friends in the UK [although I can't speak for anywhere else else], Cheers has a nostalgic quality that's as comforting as the theme tune.

Agreed.:up:

I think it's one of my favorite all time shows. I can watch it anytime. It fun to go back and watch (the Diane years) to see how really well written and executed the whole show was. Very well done, and stands the test of time. Loved the Thanksgiving episode, and have to watch is every Thanksgiving no matter what time of day it's on. I know it has to be on somewhere!

why...because your Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly K-E-L-L-Y...

Rebecca when she finds out the Robin Colcourt is using her password 'sweet baby' to get secrets from the corporation:
"I'm too stupid to live" (and the way she says it)

Sometimes you wanna go...where everybody knows your naaaaamee....

Back
Top Bottom