Where do you want to live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheQuiet1

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If you could pick and choose where in the world you'd want to live...money, job etc. no object... where would it be and why? Or are you blissfully confident that no country/place could possibly be better than where you are now?

I'd move out to Lake Tahoe, become a liftie and ski until my heart is content.

heavenly1.jpg

Last edited:
I can't decide on one place, so I would divide my time between a remote Scottish Island, a remote Pacific Island, Bhutan, Iceland, the south west of Ireland, Melbourne and New York.

Last edited:
I finally moved to New York City in June of this year. There is nowhere else on the planet I want to be. I've lived plenty of places, but this is the perfect fit for me. And no, it's not an over-confident ignorant American attitude - I'm sure there are plenty of places on the planet where I could be happy - but NYC is my heaven. :heart:

I've been a permanant resident in Singapore going on 4 years now. I can honestly say that I'm rather dissatisfied with living here for a number of reasons (as is my husband who is a Singaporean). In several years time, my husband and I plan on returning to the U.S. It's certainly no utopia, but I've realized only after living abroad that I'd taken for granted what a great nation I was born into. I wouldn't give up my citizenship for anything.

Specifically, I'd want to reside anywhere in the northeast region.

nyc

HelloAngel said:
I finally moved to New York City in June of this year. There is nowhere else on the planet I want to be. I've lived plenty of places, but this is the perfect fit for me. And no, it's not an over-confident ignorant American attitude - I'm sure there are plenty of places on the planet where I could be happy - but NYC is my heaven. :heart:

I'm jealous! :drool:

BonosBaby12 said:
Oooooh that's pretty Mr Baw! I would move to a tropical island somewhere,lol.

Its really beautiful...by the way, that's the mountain/park area where I fell and ended up in the ER! :lol: ...maybe I just wanna go back and give that mountain a thing or two...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
If money/citizenship was not an object....Sydney, Australia :drool:

Right now that would be my choice too. :)

:hmm: probably right where I am (Nottinghamshire, England)

Although I loved living in Kinsale, County Cork (SW Ireland) and would move back there like a shot, but only if I could get a better job than last time. And it would help if I could persuade some friends/family to come too :)

Actually, Galway is pretty nice too. And Dublin (but it's far too expensive if you're trying to live on your own...). Oooh and I would love love love to live in St Ives (Cornwall) :drool:

I'm fickle :D

I like to live here, in Bogotá, but I would like to have my own apartment, with a little balcon with some plants, a cat and my own studio :).... and maybe a guy too :shh: hehe

but I think it would be great to in england or spain... cuz I'm a illustrator and I like the things that are going on (arts and design) in those countries, and I like to learn new things... I would like to live in a place like greece or japan... I don't know.

HelloAngel said:

Albany, the closest city to where I am currently, has 2x the national average for almost all crimes. It's gotten pretty bad there, and they were talking how it's a lot worse than NYC now :yikes:

NYC is actually a pretty decent place, I like it. I would be really unhappy if I had to live in Albany.......... as for where I'd want to live.....

There are so many places.
I don't really have a home now, though, so I don't know about "living" somewhere.
To live somewhere, I think it's more important that I find the right person, the right woman. "We can live wherever she wants" :cute:

..... :shame: not quite that, no. *I hear a whip crack* :laugh:

But when I think of "live" I think of "settle down///marriage" etc etc.

:shrug: so I guess I don't have much of an answer at the moment.

I'm really content with living in Central Illinois because of my night-shift employment ...
as I have a GREAT job with lots of seniority, benefits, and very good pay.
Although, my family and several friends live in Chicago and the Northern Suburbs ...
I sometimes wish I could move back there because it's not always easy to get over there on a regular basis. It's not like I can see them in 15 minutes ... it takes me around 95 minutes (one-way) to go there for a visit ... :sad:

If it wasn't because of my employment ... I'd be in Chicago 'in a snap of the fingers' and permanently for good !! :bow:

I'd love to live my life in Montreal, the lovely jewel of the St. Lawerence river, or London town :)

I was born and am currently living in Montreal, and it is a really fantastic city. It mixes North America with European style and culture. Very very multiethnic, big Greek, asian, Italian, Indian, and arab communities. No shortage of things to do in winter and the shorter summer is so beautiful and packed with festivals of all kinds.

The only other places I'd like to live would be New York, London, or Monaco :drool:

anywhere but where I am now.
to be honest, I just want to roam around the whole world and live everywhere.

preferably Ireland, some European countries, or maybe live in some east or west coast state rather than Illinois.

For Honor said:
It must be nice to have someplace you KNOW you want to live

You're only 18 though... you have so much to learn, discover and explore about the world and yourself before you have to start answering certain bigger questions.

When I was 18, sure, I dreamt of living in NYC, but knew I had to get through college first. So I had to figure out a surefire way of getting from A to B in the fewest steps. :)

Back
Top Bottom