Where do you rank John Lennon and is he one of the greatest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I would rank John Lennon as Number 2 right after Hendrix. John Lennons music was somthing the beatles should have gone on in that path.

one of the greatest what?

frontmen?
songwriters?
musicians?

how could you compare John Lennon to Jimi Hendrix?

Shit thread.
smielephantiy2.gif

Justin24 said:
I would rank John Lennon as Number 2 right after Hendrix. John Lennons music was somthing the beatles should have gone on in that path.

I'm guessing that we're talking about songwriting? I was never impressed by Lennon's solo work but his work with the Beatles was fantastic. Lennon with the Beatles in my top 50 songwriters but his solo work isn't even in my top 100.

Best just to ignore the thread if you're not interested in it.

I agree with Screwtape, Lennon + McCartney was a great songwriting team and Lennon was a fascinating personality, but on his own I wouldn't rank him at the top of anything.

Justin24 said:

comparing john lennon to jimi hendrix doesnt make sense.

/thread

phanan said:
Justin, are you going for a record as to how many threads you start?

This isn't meant to be mean or anything, but you tend to flood us with new threads everyday...

It keeps things fresh.

How do 13 vs. threads in EYKIW keep things fresh? How does a new thread dedicated to every little photo or YouTube video you stumble (before the issue was taken care of by the mods) across keep things fresh?

If anything, one boarder posting an inordinate amount of threads keeps things stale, predictable, and downright silly.

hey justin, will you be allowed a computer if you choose to join the military? because you might want to take that into consideration when you decide.

inmyplace13 said:
How do 13 vs. threads in EYKIW keep things fresh? How does a new thread dedicated to every little photo or YouTube video you stumble (before the issue was taken care of by the mods) across keep things fresh?

If anything, one boarder posting an inordinate amount of threads keeps things stale, predictable, and downright silly.

come on, 13 is your lucky number.

elevated_u2_fan said:
I like lamp

yes, I was first to say this...

well I Love Lamp.

phanan said:
Justin, are you going for a record as to how many threads you start?

This isn't meant to be mean or anything, but you tend to flood us with new threads everyday...

I wouldn't mind that if they weren't horrible.

are you sure there isnt a ban on interference too? i don't think i've ever seen a military person posting here.

U2Man said:
are you sure there isnt a ban on interference too? i don't think i've ever seen a military person posting here.

Fighting a War On Terror means you have not time for such frivolities as smiley polls and setlist discussion. :tsk:

Utoo said:

Fighting a War On Terror means you have not time for such frivolities as smiley polls and setlist discussion. :tsk:

i definitely don't want justin to join then. we would miss him. and he would miss us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom