Where do you most enjoy listening to music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I enjoy music most when I'm driving because it's such a closed off enviornment. Also becauuse you're kept busy so as not to bore yourself but not too busy that you can't pay attention to the music.

What about you?

(Yes, this is somewhat of a shameless way of asking for suggestions :wink: )

riding on the bus. especially if i have to take a bus somewhere in the morning. actually, i generally like listening to music in the morning better than any other time of day. it's the only sound i really can tolerate after waking up.

i'm afraid of listening to music while driving. see, when i'm riding in the car with friends or family, i have no problems being that entertaining loser in the next car over who's totally rocking out to whatever they're listening to. i'd probably get lost or end up just driving aroudn cos i was paying too much attention to the music.

I've only started listening to music while driving recently, when my brother gave me an old CD player for my car (and my mother got a new car with a six-disc changer, which I drive occasionally). It's a great way to enjoy music. I find myself taking things slow and relaxing just to hear as much as I can before I get to work or wherever. A lot of people consider their cars their sanctuaries, and I can finally sort of see that.

Most of the time, I listen to it on the computer while I'm working (or goofing off, like now). Having 12,000+ tracks on your hard disk that you can go through at any time is terribly convenient. It's one of those things you don't know how you lived without.

I might grab a portable music player some day (when the capacities get higher), which might again change the way I listen to music.

Last edited:
I pretty much listen to music 24/7, so I'll listen to it everywhere (except when I'm in stores or the like, but I don't shop in brick and mortar stores all that often).

I love to listen when I'm driving, working (self-employed artist), doing stuff around the house, and even sleeping (I keep a discman in my bed). Everything goes better with music.

my bedroom floor or riding on the bus (don't ride that often though) or in a car at times.

I listen to music all the time. Whatever I am doing be it cleaning, cooking, doing art projects with my kids, there is always music playing. My kids like it when I ask them what instrument they hear and I am pretty much across the board with my taste so they hear many instruments on a daily basis. My three year old even says thats a guitar, that's a drum, thats a bass... etc

Cool thing btw..

My kids love The Batman and they listen to theme song that Edge did over and over. You can download it for free at KidsWB. My 9 year old likes it so much she asked me to make her a cd with that and Vertigo (she loves the iPod commercials) and other U2 songs on it. I was more than willing!

Its great to see my kids in their rooms rocking out to U2! It makes a refreshing change from the Hillary Duff they normally listen to.

Carrie

I like listening to music while driving. I also listen all the time while on the computer.

I can't NOT have music on the bus, or I fall asleep.

I listen to music while I am driving. Also, Sunday mornings I try to listen to a radio show we have hear called Breakfast With the Beatles. If my house is super messy and it needs a "power clean" I will clean to music.

I listen to music in lots of places and situations, but the best is when I'm going for a walk. :up:

Listening to music really loud in my car is one of the greatest little joys in my life.

On airplanes!!!

And at home with headphones.

everywhere but like most I like playing music in the car but lately with my have ipod will travel motto I am never without music. At work the only think we get is a soft rock station but any music is better than no music so 3 days a week for 12 hours I rock out to air supply and rod stewart :)... and flashdance, possibly st. elmo's fire:reject:

HeartlandGirl said:
I listen to music in lots of places and situations, but the best is when I'm going for a walk. :up:

She speaks truths.

There's never a bad time for music. NEVER.

Back
Top Bottom