where do you live and how do you like it? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #31
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:25 PM
For all of you complaining about traffic in the midwest, I invite you to pick any one of the gazillion major highways in the bay area and drive them around rush hour. Then you will know the true meaning of traffic. Try to make it across the Bay Bridge during rush hour, without getting pulling-out-your-hair-and-screaming frustrated. Go on, I dare ya!

Old 07-28-2004, 06:57 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
For all of you complaining about traffic in the midwest, I invite you to pick any one of the gazillion major highways in the bay area and drive them around rush hour. Then you will know the true meaning of traffic. Try to make it across the Bay Bridge during rush hour, without getting pulling-out-your-hair-and-screaming frustrated. Go on, I dare ya!
LOL, no thanks!!! Never been there but I can only imagine. The worst traffic I have ever been apart of was when I took a vacation in Boston in 1998 and the main highway was torn up. I have NEVER experienced anything like that and never care to again!!! LOL

Old 07-28-2004, 07:43 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
This is why I don't own a car and can get wherever I need to go (school, work, grocery store, mall, Grandparents) by walking or bike. If one is not going to die b/c one doesn't have a car, then one doesn't need a car

The worse traffic I've ever seen was I-75N just south of Atlanta. 7 lanes of traffic funneled down to one. Even at 1am it took 3.5 hrs to move maybe 25 miles. But, you can expect at least one instance like this out of every road trip, right?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #34
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:25 PM
Vancouver, Canada

It is beautiful here.
Mild winters and warm summers.
Lots to do if you like the indoors and outdoors.
On the downside housing is very expensive.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:53 AM   #35
you are what you is

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Roosendaal, The Netherlands

love it so much that I've decided to move to actually the opposite side of the globe

it's actually good living over here except for the weather
and the weather causes overall grumpiness which starts when you're 3 months old
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-29-2004, 06:03 AM   #36
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:25 PM
Provo, Utah (USA)

I give it a lot of crap, but it's not that bad. It has the best of both words: An actual decent sized city (with things to do & places to shop) and mountains/nature within a 5 minute drive.

....it could still have a much better music scene though.....
Old 07-29-2004, 06:28 AM   #37
Acrobat

New Westminster, BC Canada.

It' s beautiful here and I love the scenery with all the mountains and Pacific Ocean and rivers. It's a total outdoor leisure place where everyone is doing something all the time. Personally i like to just relax even on my own and it gets to be a rat race feeling here where everone is doing something and i just want to chill. I made a wise decision a few years ago of buying my condo for cheap and i just renegotated my mortgage to find out i only have to pay for 9 years then i own it. So life is good and i have a great view of a great city.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #38
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:25 AM
Quote:
You should try to get out of DC south into VA on I-395 to I-95 and down. Of course it's hopeless at rush hour but I have had problems at other times of the day almost as bad. It has been like this until 9 PM or later. This backup can be 30 or more miles long, and very slow. You wanna talk about screaming, hair pulling frustration, this situation has literally driven me so close to insane I once escaped off an exit I didn't even know just to sit in a Wendy's parking lot and try to chill my nerves. No, I don't live there, but I have been there a lot. If I did live there, I wouldn't last long. So you try that one if you're ever in the area.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
The worse traffic I've ever seen was I-75N just south of Atlanta. 7 lanes of traffic funneled down to one. Even at 1am it took 3.5 hrs to move maybe 25 miles. But, you can expect at least one instance like this out of every road trip, right?

My dad is a truck driver, and he's driven on just about every major highway in this country on both coasts and all across the middle. He says he'd rather drive in L.A. or San Francisco than Atlanta any day.

And back to the original point of the thread, I live in Norman, Oklahoma. I really do love it here. Great sports, great community, cool university, big cities nearby for concert-going, friendly people, good food, and so on.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:43 AM   #40
War Child

Local Time: 05:25 AM
I was driving to Atlanta for the U2 show. I made good time until I got to the city and got stuck in a terrible backup! Then I found out I was in the HOV lane and could not get over for my exit! So I didn't get into the heart
Old 07-30-2004, 01:21 AM   #41
Refugee

I live in the "Valley". It is a suberb of LA. Home prices are ridiculous and the public schools are for the most part terrible. I do love being so close to the beach and to lots of interesting cities and towns, S.Fran.,Santa Barbara, Napa, Carmel, Las Vegas, Palm Springs and San Diego

I guess I love it here because I have so many close friends. I love to be able to take my son to the park all year round.

But to be perfectly honest, I do miss the four seasons at times. I grew up in St. Louis and I love the autumn and winter. October through January I always get nostalgic and long to put on a heavy sweater.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #42
Babyface

Local Time: 10:25 PM
near Seattle, WA. It's as nice here as anywhere, I guess. You have mountains, lakes, ocean, forests all within a reasonable drive. Close to Canada, nice to go across the border from time to time.

It doesn't rain here all the time, contrary to popular opinion. We get seasons: cold and wet winters, cool and wet springs, warm and drier summers and crisp autumns.

Arts are very alive, good music scene, good food. Many cultures call us home, and in typical Northwest fashion we welcome just about anybody.

Good luck with your move.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #43
Babyface

Southern California, relatively close to the beach. F'ing amazing.... but WAY tooooooo expensive.

UnbeLIEvably not cool,

"." is pronounced 'dot'. You may also refer to me as 'the dot', but not 'period' or 'the period'. '.' is in no way affiliated with /. (also known as slashdot)
Old 07-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:55 AM
none of your bizz nass

(alberta)
Old 07-30-2004, 08:03 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 06:25 AM
Mansfield, 14 miles north of Nottingham, in the East Midlands of England.

Famous for Robin Hood.

Nottingham is a great place. I love it. The weather is crap and the housing is really expensive, but it's a fun, young place to live (it's got 2 huge universities so the city is all centred around young adults)

On the downside, there are 5 women here for every man, so for us single girls it can be a problem . We get stag parties from all over the country coming here because they've heard about the surplus of females