Where do you guys go for general music information?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I was just wondering where everyone got their info on bands, albums, and just music in general. I personally go to rollingstone.com and nme.com a lot. I wouldnt necessarily recommend either of those sites, but they have a lot of stuff. Mtv.com has a lot of stuff too, but most of it is complete crap. I also get a magazine called Magnet, which is really great for REAL alternative music. I really like that magazine. I just subscribed to Spin also, yeah it's not the best, but it's hella cheap.

I just recently started going to www.allmusic.com for album reviews and stuff, I REALLY like that site. It does pretty good reviews and they mark what songs they think are best on albums or what songs are the best by certain groups. Really helps if you're trying to check a group or album out and want to download a few of their songs.

Anywayz, what sources do you all recommend?

Between here and the Ryan Adams board, I'm usually kept caught up on music news.

I read a lot of music magazines...there's a newer magazine called Paste that I just discovered (it has 3 issues out) that is pretty good. I also read Rolling Stone, Spin, Q, and Harp.

meegannie said:
I don't know....it just appears.... :shrug:

Information just appears to you? It's a sign! Maybe you're psychic! Or have supernatural powers and can communicate with some dead spirit or something that feeds you musical information...maybe could get other info too, like the answers to all of life's questions, or if George W wears boxers or briefs...

:sexywink:

Seriously, things DO just pop into my head all the time and I have no idea where they came from. I think I absorb too much subconciously. :der:

here and offical site for u2

official sites for other bands i really like

working at a college radio station helps to find out about lesser known bands and local stuff

In my market place there are good public radio stations.

kcrw plays a great mix of music.

*I heard damien rice there several months ago.

this board is helpful, too

Another good website for information or links to further information on other artist or bands is www.ubl.com

I come here, find something others are listening to that I like, then look it up at AllMusic. It's not always accurate - look at all the positive reviews Creed have! Oh yeah, and I read Q. Kill me.

Last edited:
www.pitchforkmedia.com

seriously...great way to spend hours!

just skimming through their countless reviews. New reviews everyday...and I tend to side with their opinions...most of the time, so it's a good way of finding new music. I.e. how I found Broken Social Scene

go there every day :mad:

Basstrap, I just have to tell you how much I support that picture of Triumph you've got there! Conan Obrien is my master and hero. I'm going to go check out pitchfork now.

Checked it out, I like.

Last edited:
meegannie said:
Of course. I've seen the Driven and Diary episodes on her.

You know what, I think I've actually seen both of those too.

On another note, I love those Diary things. "You think you know, but you have no idea." Bull crap, I totally knew that all of you stars were stuck up idiots!

Here (I :heart: this forum), and Q, and.. :hmm: I guess that's it. I go to other forums, but most members aren't very into music and don't have very good taste, or just into j-pop.

blush.gif

joyfulgirl said:
I read meegannie's posts.

Well she does like Idlewild, so her opinions cant be too bad... On the other hand I have this feeling that she's clinically insane, so who knows.

u2popmofo said:

Well she does like Idlewild, so her opinions cant be too bad... On the other hand I have this feeling that she's clinically insane, so who knows.

At the moment, that's true. :|

Back
Top Bottom