Where can I buy floating plastic fish for an artificial aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
My mom got one of those vertical artificial aquarium tanks at a yard sale today, and it's very cool with bubbles and a colour-changing light... but it didn't come with any fish.

Now, we used to have one that had little (possibly slightly weighted? I can't remember) plastic clown fish with little hinged tails that bobbed and swam, but that tank broke, and this was a couple of years ago. I'm sure we didn't throw away the fish, but god knows where they're at (I'll have to have a look through the closets and see if I find them)

Meanwhile, I tried searching online to see where I might be able to buy some to go in the tank... but I can't find any anywhere. The closest I get on any of my searches are fishing lures and plastic plants for fish tanks.

Any help? :pray:

Ooh, I can't really help you with exact places to purchase plastic fish, but a few years ago, one of those cool kitchenware/home decorating stores at our local mall had these fish you could buy. They were glass, and very colourful. There was a glass ball at the top that would float on the surface of whatever water you put them into, and from that hung clear fishing line which was presumably supposed to be invisible, and then the glass fish hung from that. You could adjust the lengths of the fishing line so that the "fish" were submerged at different depths. If I remember correctly, they were displayed in those ginormous decorative clear vases, and they were really pretty.

Yeah, not really helpful, I know. :reject: I forget the name of the store, but it would sort of be like a Pier 1 type of place, except it was all kitchen stuff and candles and vases.

Maybe check at a Pier 1, or Ikea, or places like that?

Ooooo, I remember those fish VP - they were really pretty. Must have ben quite the fad for awhile too cause they used to sell em everywhere around here. But I haven't seen much of them lately.
Hmmm, but Ikea or Pier 1 would def be a good place to check. Actually, I do think I saw some fairly recently, but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Eta: Oh! I think i saw them at a local petshop. Not a big name place tho.

Last edited:
Ooh, I can't really help you with exact places to purchase plastic fish, but a few years ago, one of those cool kitchenware/home decorating stores at our local mall had these fish you could buy. They were glass, and very colourful. There was a glass ball at the top that would float on the surface of whatever water you put them into, and from that hung clear fishing line which was presumably supposed to be invisible, and then the glass fish hung from that. You could adjust the lengths of the fishing line so that the "fish" were submerged at different depths. If I remember correctly, they were displayed in those ginormous decorative clear vases, and they were really pretty.
Thanks, I found some of those online, and may end up buying them.

On another site, that actually sells those aquarium tower thingies, I found some more that are more like the ones we used to have listed on an accessories page. I emailed the company to inquire about buying a set of them.

But more feedback on the subject is still welcome. Also, if anybody happens to have a handful of these fish lying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands :lol:

Back
Top Bottom