When you were a kid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
...what did you want be when you grew up?

My dream was to be an ilustrator fro Walt Disney Studios.:cute:
I love to draw.

Did not happen.:|

second choice was becoming a veterinarian.

An architect.

I saw the Sagrada Familia and thought....I'd love to do that!

I wanted to be a writer. And hey, I still think i will write as an adult, maybe not in my idea of novelist as I had when I was tiny, but I have always considered writing ot be a strong point in my life. The literature part more than the grammar is strong, but I know that it will fit in somehow.

An Avon lady, like my mom ... who was also an OB nurse, but I just wanted to sell the make-up. :wink:

My first career aspiration was to be a quarterback. You can tell my dad sort of had hoped I was a boy :wink:

My first real career aspiration, when I was in fourth grade, was to be a writer. I've been working toward it ever since.

Got Philk? said:
I wanted to be in the NBA...then the MLB.

Then I wanted to be a voice for a disney mooooovie. I still want to do that. :(

Awesome! You should do that...somehow. But I would have no idea how to go about that. :(

I wanted to be an artist, because I liked to draw. But I somehow got it into my head that that meant I had to be a painter and I didn't really like painting much, nor was I good at it (although I damn well tried ...soooo many Crayola paint sets :lol: )

I recall wanting to be a horse or a tractor when I was a lil one. But after my dreams were crushed, I decided I wanted to be a teacher, and that's been my aspiration ever since. I can remember begging my brother to play school with me all the time. :rolleyes:

I wanted to be a marine biologist. I was friggin obsessed. I recorded every Shark Week, starting with the very first one. I even decorated the tape covers with my own shark drawings. I loved bottle-nosed dolphins too, but for some reason the sharks really fascinated me. I knew all the different kinds. Mako was my favorite!

dinosaur, puppy, doctor, vet, paleontologist (no fuckin clue how to spell that one), rock star, ninja turtle, lawyer, cat, comic book artist, etc

I wanted to be owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

And then I stopped failing at life and became a Redskins fan.

And now I just really don't care anymore. Funny how that happens. :drool:

unico said:
I wanted to be a marine biologist. I was friggin obsessed. I recorded every Shark Week, starting with the very first one. I even decorated the tape covers with my own shark drawings. I loved bottle-nosed dolphins too, but for some reason the sharks really fascinated me. I knew all the different kinds. Mako was my favorite!
Me too! :nerd: I did a project on sharks in 1st grade. I wanted to be a marine biologist before I even knew what exactly that was. Someone told me that they work on the ocean, and I said "Yeah, I want to do THAT!"

I wanted to be an orthodontist, because when I got braces, I could not believe how many fucking patients my orthodontist had. After that passed, I wanted to work in the world of sports, and I've done that. :)

Veterinarian, but that quickly changed when I realized that you'd have to be putting pets down for other people. :(
I couldn't do that.

When I was really little I wanted to be a paleontologist, because I loved dinosaurs. I also wanted to go to Loch Ness and find Nessie. Later I wanted to work with whales.

Didn't do any of that.

A vet.

I could never be one now because I just cant handle sick / dying animals. :(

PlaTheGreat said:
Veterinarian, but that quickly changed when I realized that you'd have to be putting pets down for other people. :(
I couldn't do that.

Haha I just noticed you said the same thing.

Yeah..

I think I still remember tossing up between a zoologist, a paediatrician ... or a hair-dresser when I was around 11 or 12! Oh, and maybe a fashion designer too :wink: , I was always drawing and painting as a youngster.

Even as a kid, I had a big fascination with doctors and medicine and helping people (I work in aged care now, which I love!) but on the other hand I have a creative streak and still daydream about being a photographer :)

A Pastry Chef.

It's the only thing in the world that's ever been of interest to me. I just wish I would have realized how important it was when I was 18 and not 32.......but at least I can say that I'm following my dream. 6 months of schooling left until I really am a Pastry Chef :love: :drool:

I always wanted to be a teacher.. because I thought all my teachers were awful for shouting at us and that I would do their job much better :lol:

Now I want to be a costume designer possibly.. but I change it every couple of months. Luckily I still have plenty of time left to decide!

Back
Top Bottom