When was the last time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I live around the corner from a florist, and i'm watching as people are bringing bouquets of flowers home to the ones they love....when's the last time you were given flowers? What kind of flowers were they? Who gave them to you, and what was the occasion?

those roses sound beautiful, MissMaCo....Mrs. Springsteen...I know the feeling...but i do have this one memory...It was a few months ago and i was feeling kind of down when a card arrived for me from some that i love, that lives across the Atlantic. We'd been talking about these flowers called Gorse that smell like coconuts....well, like i said i was feeling down, and opened that envelope and inside, taped to the card was a tiny envelope with some gorse inside, and another one with tiny sea shells...

I was never given flowers

but I don't care cos they are full of stupid anyway

bah! girls can go eat their flowers for all I care
I'd rather they give me some tender loving

'full of stupid'? What sort of crap ass grammar is that?

Incidentally I misinterpreted what this thread would be about when I read the title, and was highly offended as a result.

but Basstrap the giving of flowers represents the tender loving that the other person feels for you...

and Kieran McConville....mission accomplished! lol:wink:

I love flowers, and I used to buy them in a supermarket every week.
I used to buy bouquets of Roses from Colombia, they are really beautiful, and " Gérberas " I don't know how to say in English, like these :

flower355.jpg

i bought myself a bouquet of daisies (yellow and white) when i graduated from law school last year.

i have learned that i like to get my own flowers rather than from a guilt-ridden apology-filled boy. not that i'm bitter or anything.

shy said:
I love flowers, and I used to buy them in a supermarket every week.
I used to buy bouquets of Roses from Colombia, they are really beautiful, and " Gérberas " I don't know how to say in English, like these :

flower355.jpg

gerberas are the same in english, and they're my aboslute favourite. especially the orange ones.

:)

Hmm...

My 21st birthday. I think they were a lovely light pink.

Nearly 2 years ago. :( I've always wanted red, or a bunch of bird of paradise which are my other favorite flower:

strel2.jpg

two of my friends sent me flowers not last valentine's day but the one before because I was so sad over the day.

lol now I'm all bummed out cuz I havent gotten flowers in nearly 2 years

White lilies this past spring from my boyfriend. His best friend whom he shared a room with in his house decided it would be fun to start dating my bf's ex-gf (from a three year relationship) and he felt bad for me being stuck in the middle so I got pretty flowers :D

2 weeks ago, bought from the supermarket by myself. The last time hubby bought me flowers was almost 17 years ago after I had spent 19 hours in labour and presented him with his first child! OMG! 17 years, who says romance is dead? :sigh:

Never!

Is there an equilevant for guys though? Are there any girls out there that have made such a romantic guesture? If so, what? Or do you think it should only be up the guys?

In June (birthday), a friend offered me a beautiful bouquet with yellow roses. My favourite are wild violets and lilies, but I don't know why, he still thinks its yellow roses.

Last edited:
My husband gave me 2 dozen long stem roses for our 11th anniversary this past August. 11 years we have been married!! Come to think of it we should have exchanged medals!

MrsSpringsteen said:
So long ago I can't even remember

same here. One guy I went out with a few years ago even told me that he was going to be late to pick me up because he had to let his dog out after work but he'd make sure he brought me flowers to make up for it. I answered the door and he didn't have any flowers but he had his dog in the car! :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom