When one goes mobile with one's CD's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
..one should be delicate in transporting said discs.

I've decided I'm not going to carry my CD's around in a carrying pouch any more. It's bad for them. It scratches them, even if they are tiny scratches. I'm from this day forward going to take in their jewel box the discs I want to carry. And carry like 6 jewel boxes around with me in my car. I've put too much money into my CD's not to take the best care of them possible, and I don't want to have to replace any of them simply because they were scratched in the carry pouch.

Neat, huh?

:p

and if you're carting around huge binders, you have to be really careful you don't leave them anywhere.

When I carried them in cases they got broke. When I carried them in binders they got scratched. I think leaving them in the car in all kinds of weather damages them. I don't mean in the hot sun, even under seats and in the trunk. All mine skip now even the Creed cds damn! :scream:

Right On, and if you have good enough scratches, an hour long cd will play for days, it actually prolongs your listening pleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasureskippleasure....

Where the strrets have n...

The best thing I ever did....bought a WMA-compatible deck for my car. On the average, I have about 17 CDs burned onto each disc...yes, one disc holds enough music to make it from Florida to New York without changing discs.... To give you an idea, I have Boy through ATYCLB, and every CD single from With Or Without You through Electrical Storm(omitting occaisional tracks that are repetetive like multiple remixes, etc.)...on ONE compact disc. Now, granted, it was a project and a half converting everything(some I had to re-do because they were "protected") to Windows Media, but it was well worth it, plus the $220 for the deck. It was basically my vacation money, which I never took, so it was worth it! Now I have about 10 total CDs with all my music(all that I want with me anyways...)...and I can just re-make any CDs that get scratched. Do yourselves a favor.....rid yoursleves of bulky CD books and convert everything you own!!!

(only downfall...you can't play these on a regular stereo at afriend's house or anything...just a computer or in your car )

Last edited:
i once burned myself a copy of a certain springsteen album from the library's copy. i ended up with a 1-track, 80-minute long version of 'born in the u.s.a' that got stuck during the first chorus. guess i deserved it for trying to score myself a free copy of the album :|

CD transportation is the main reason I still don't have a CD player in any of my vehicles. If I'm going on a long trip, I'll use a portable and plug it in through the tape deck, but otherwise, the daily wear and tear on the CDs going from car to house to work and back isn't worth it to me. When I do take CDs somewhere, I just keep them in their jewel cases. The cases can get messed up and broken, as long as the CD stays safe.

I'm moving out of the province soon and I'm trying to figure out how to get my cd's across the country. I'm thinking about putting all the cd's in a CD case and sending the empty cd cases ahead of me via mail. and take the actual cd's with me on the plane.

I just wanna make sure I AT LEAST have the cd's if the cases get lost

HeartlandGirl said:
CD transportation is the main reason I still don't have a CD player in any of my vehicles. If I'm going on a long trip, I'll use a portable and plug it in through the tape deck, but otherwise, the daily wear and tear on the CDs going from car to house to work and back isn't worth it to me.

It is the reason why I have a car CD changer. OK, I can only put 6 CD's in them (so I have to change it about once a week), but I have no hassles when I'm driving. The CD's are safe in the back and I can concentrate on my driving instead of trying to change discs. I never want to have it any other way. :)

C ya!

Marty

I burn copies of all my favorite CDs--the ones that I love to listen to in my car, that is--so that I never have originals in my car. In all I have about 20 CDs in my carrying case, none of which are originals, and none of them skip yet. When I first started doing this I figured it would eventually get out of control, but I found that I get obsessed with 2-3 CDs at a time and I can listen to those in my car for months before feeling the need to burn something else.

when I go mobile with my cds I pick the cd I wanna listen to pop it in my discman or whatever you call it. I listen. Put it safely back in my bag after bus journey cus I dont like walking and listneing to music if im crossing busy roads. Then I get home and pop cd safely back into cover. Voila! no scratches :)

now how in the fucking hell do you transport vinyl without dropping a dozren LPs on the freaking sidewalk? :mad: :mad: :mad: if i could afford to go buy this stuff on cd, i'd just bring that with me....dammit! amazingly enough nothing's broken YET...

[/rant]

i keep my CDs in a cd carrying case in my car. I have two, a regular soft one and one of those one's that go on your visor. I always leave them in my car, so i don't have to worry about leaving them anywhere (just about my car getting stolen). I do most a lot of my music listening in my car cause i spend a lot of time in it, and I have all my cds recorded into Realplayer so i can listen to them in my house. I don't treat my cds that well, but they never seem to get scratched bad enough to make them skip.

I just take them in the jewel cases. Which is a slight problem when I have a seven hour train journey and I need lots of music...my bag ends up being full of CDs and I can't fit in my clothes or my toothbrush or some other necessity.

oh come on wizzbees, eeeeeveryone knoes cds are FAR more important than toothbrushes!! ;)

Best thing I ever invested in is an in-car mp3 player - I can burn like 160 songs onto one disc - brilliant - totally gets rid of the fear of people breaking into my car and stealing my precious cd's. Next is to get an ipod - then I'm totally in business :)

I dont use the cd book/carrier things. I've had 3 friends get them stolen.

One of my friends lost about 300 cd's out of one.

I keep them in the cases they come in and never leave them in my car.

Safety first :wink:

I pretty much do what joyfulgirl does, that is burn cds of my favorites to take with me. And I also tend to get stuck on a limited number of cds at any one time, so I really never take too many at one time. I do miss the cover art and the liner notes though, but then again, I shouldn't be looking and reading while I'm driving now should I?

Back
Top Bottom