When it comes to swimming, anyone like me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
......afraid of the water and cant swim very well?

Well I mean, I can do breast-strokes but uh, I cant crawl and I aint got the balls to put my head under-water.......

Now I know it helps when ur just a young kid learnin but, even back then I remember hating it.............but I find it annoyin that I hate being splashed or gettin my face wet!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, yes its true! I feel a bit of an eejit, a prat that I cant do it actually, and envy those who can, who are comfortable......................so I need to know Im not alone......
frown.gif

I bet most of you out there are great swimmers..........
biggrin.gif

Water and air, two tings I can never cope with well..................damn!
frown.gif

I have a classmate who just like you. When we're having the swimmimg class, she is always the one standing in the pool instead of swimming... I asked once her why she never try to swim, she said she's afraid of water!

Hm... so you're not alone!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Water and air, two tings I can never cope with well

air??
confused.gif

Yes Christina, when I did some parachuting, I stopped as I didnt feel cut out for it, I didn't like the sensation of falling through air......as I dont like the 'g-force' sensation of going 80mph on the back of a motor-bike..............

*shrugs*

its a sensation ting...........Im not normal........as we all know anyway....

biggrin.gif

i don't like swimming. i can because my parents made me take those classes when i was wee but i just don't like the sensation that it creates. plus i like to eat whenever i damn well feel like it
wink.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Well I mean, I can do breast-strokes but uh, I cant crawl and I aint got the balls to put my head under-water.......

Same here... I even took swim lessons too when I was younger but I had this issue with going underwater and trying to swim at the same time. The whole not plugging your nose and opening your eyes, I just cant do it.

But I feel.. that in an emergency situation I would be able to swim fine above water.

I remember joining the swim team during a summer past. I was so bad a swimmer, my friend that encourged me to join offered to give me lessons. Thanks pal.

Back
Top Bottom