When hummers arent sexy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Found this on the web-

I thought y'all might enjoy this. This is a brand spankin' new GM H2 in all its "glory" that went for a little joy ride at La Sierra University in Riverside, CA (my gf works for PR there and took the pics, good job DJ!).

Heres what happened: This chick took her mom and kids out for a ride at 3AM and saw construction and dirt and so forth around the campus. She thought to herself "hey, this is an H2, i saw it in a commercial and it could do anything. Its an all terrain vehicle, right?"

She then proceeds to dive around campus for a while and then broke through the cable barrier (took 2 tries) that prevents idiots from running into the schools brand new samaritan statue. she then hit a 1' dirt curb at about 40mph, and then right into the statues cement base. Needless to say, the curb and cement were victorious.

When asked why she did it, she repiled "I wanted to jump the statue, i saw it on tv"

She wasnt drunk or under any kind of influence and yes, the kids were inside when it happened. This is all very true. here are the pics

cable.jpg
leftside.jpg
rightside.jpg

PS
Jeeps rule
:)

db9
dirt%20curb.jpg

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
i prefer little cars. preferably my toyota corolla :wink:
me too. i want to get a corolla, if i can.

to me, hummers signify everything that is wrong with society these days. there are just a handful of people in america who own hummers that actually need them for their capabilities. everyone else just wants them because they're big, and like one owner said, they know no matter what they hit, they win.

i remember when we had the first surge in gas prices in recent years people with their suvs were crying on television because it was costing them $50-60 to fill up their gas every couple days. well, next time pay attention to the gas mileage. no one made you buy that monstrosity!

that girl is a moron and like brau said, she needs to have her children taken away from her. she clearly lacks common sense or views of what's right and wrong.

Are hummers those vehicles that guzzle the petrol and there is a hummer limo too?

I always think a man here who drives along in a little flashy sports car with the top down in cold weather/ flashy car is compensating for something :shifty:

Like Land Rovers, Hummers were really cool before they became a status symbol for the soccer mom/dad set. I remember how exciting it was to see one. "Look! A Hummer! Arnold has one!"

The opposite of this Hummer story goes on in Colorado--all these self-conscious guys are driving those mega Dodge trucks (screaming impotent all the way!) and they handle them like they are made of glass. They creep along and turn v e r y s l o w ly. It's like, that thing was built to haul cattle, rev it up a little!

I'll take a sexy European sportscar anyday, thank you. :drool:

I wonder if she'll sue Hummer for misrepresenting the capabilities of their vehicles in advertising. Then again, I don't remember anyone trying to jump a foot-high concrete curb in their commercials....

nbcrusader said:
How can a vehicle with military roots fall apart like that?
Because they screw around the design to make it compatiable with the suburban lifestyle. Now there is definitely a place for a HMMWV but on the suburban streets it is not.

I have a problem with SUVs in general, but this thing takes the cake. When I hear about those environmental terrorists who set fire to SUV dealerships, there's a little part of me that cheers even though I know it's extreme. If every Hummer disappeared off the face of the earth it would probably be a better place.

Another reason why the rest of the world resents the United States. The Hummer is gluttony at its worst.

laz

lazarus said:
Another reason why the rest of the world resents the United States. The Hummer is gluttony at its worst.

laz

Yeah, it really is. And I've heard another car company is working on an SUV which is even larger than a Hummer. I dislike SUV's in general, but I absolutely depise Hummers and their owners. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom