When Hip-Hop Drove the Big Cars... Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmjhitman

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey all you closet dance music fans!
I have just been designated the "music coordinator" for my friend's wedding next year. She wants "music that everyone can dance to" and to create a real party atmosphere. The only problem? I consider myself a rock'n'roller and don't listen to a lot of dance/hip-hop/r&b. :shrug: I need your help!!! If you were to put together a SLAMMIN' dance compilation, what would be on it?

Thanks in advance!!! :applaud:

*see thread below for rock/dance songs so you can mix it up a little*

anyway, these are some of my favourite 'dance' tracks:

Amoebaassassin - Piledriver (Grayed Out Summer Mix)
Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun
Underworld - Born Slippy
William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Mix)
Basement Jaxx - Red Alert

You could also quite conceivably pick all the U2 remixes. Those are pretty good for that purpose.

yertle-the-turtle said:
You could also quite conceivably pick all the U2 remixes. Those are pretty good for that purpose.

I was thinking of throwing a few in there too! Although I'll save the "all U2" accompaniement for MY wedding!

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep 'em comin'!!! I TOTALLY forgot about Bassment Jaxx and Underworld, thanks for the reminder!

MrBrau1 said:
any Motown records will work nicely. It's a wedding, not a club.

Motown! Great idea! I didn't think of that! My friend LOVES club music though, so I do appreciate those suggestions. We'll probably save them for later on in the night when the older folks decide to leave.

Back
Top Bottom