When did you stop "believing" in Santa Claus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When did you stop "believing" in Santa Claus?

• By the age of 5

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Ages 5 to 7

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Ages 8 to 10

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Ages 10 to 15

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Never!

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
I actually had Santa come to my house every Christmas! And because I was close in age with my nieces and nephews, we would all be there. Santa would come in and after he talked with us, we would be ushered to bed because Santa had to talk to the parents. Years later, I found out he was out there drinking with everyone. :lol: I was about 10 when he quit coming over.

Liesje said:
I didn't really ever believe, but it was mostly because my parents weren't really into Santa.

Same. Plus I wasn't stupid as a kid, the presents from "Santa" had the same handwriting as my mom :shrug:

I don't have any memories of ever actually believing in santa.

U2democrat said:

Same. Plus I wasn't stupid as a kid, the presents from "Santa" had the same handwriting as my mom :shrug:

I don't have any memories of ever actually believing in santa...sometimes when I was little I would forget that most of my friends still believed in Santa so I would ruin it for them :uhoh:

What the crap did i just do?

Wow I just quoted myself. Genius.

Blue Room said:
I still get a sock and present from Santa every year (everyone in my family does as my nephews still believe). I think even when they dont we will all still have socks.

My family does something similar, and we're all well past a Santa-believing age; I'm the youngest at 20. It's just a bit of fun, to be in the spirit of things. If we're giving someone two or more presents, at least one will be labelled as from some kind of assistant to Santa, such as "Santa's elf" or "Santa's helper".

The only thing that ever made me think Santa was real was the idea that I never thought my parents had the money to pay for it all.

Popmartijn said:
Yep, that's him. :D

Some more background info on him:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=38

Then:
MPL-badia-1m.jpg

And now:
sinterklaas.jpg

:)

When I lived in Pella, Iowa, he would show up for parades and stuff. :hmm:

:wink:

Blue Room said:
I was about 9 or 10. In my house the present I got from Santa was always a different Santa wrapping paper from any other gifts. A week after Christmas I found that roll of paper in a corner in the basement. I knew then. I didnt let on that I knew though until about 13! LOL I still get a sock and present from Santa every year (everyone in my family does as my nephews still believe). I think even when they dont we will all still have socks.

:lol: I do that.....different paper for the santa gifts but the kids have a sack and a stocking each with their names so i no longer write their names on the presents as they would know, we just put the pressies in their designated sack/stocking.

PS: Popmartin....I was very interested to know that the name "Santa Claus" derived from originally "Sinterklaas", i thought it was just how the dutch daid it.

:wink:

Doozer61 said:
I actually had Santa come to my house every Christmas! And because I was close in age with my nieces and nephews, we would all be there. Santa would come in and after he talked with us, we would be ushered to bed because Santa had to talk to the parents. Years later, I found out he was out there drinking with everyone. :lol: I was about 10 when he quit coming over.

Sweeeeeet....that would have been so cool.....I remember one year our neighbour dressed up as Santa and came knocking on our doors really early on Christmas Eve saying how he loved this street the best and thats why he wants to stay here for a little while and pop in and see us before he gets woking on the toys, my brother who was 6 at the time, he could not speak.....he was just making these weird little sounds.....my mum still does not know whether it frightened him or he was just so excited. My brother says he was "meh" about it.

Fun times.

I remember getting into an argument with my older brother about Santa when I was 8 or 9ish.
My mom and dad took me into my room where they told me the truth about Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

I don't remember how old I was, but I woke up because I thought I heard Santa and his reindeer outside. I peeked out the window and saw Dad hauling in presents from the garage. :( :mad: :lol: :sigh:

My brother is older than me (alot older) and he was forbidden to tell me. I suspected but was told for sure after the Tooth Fairy incident.

Growing up in W Pa we get all sorts of things on the radio including the farm reports (lots of wine grapes grown in Erie)
My parents explained all about the milk/calcium connection to me and were puzzled when I announced after my first visit from the Tooth Fairy I wouldn't be participating any more because the Tooth Fairy was cheating me. I explained that I'd heard on the farm report about a calcium additive and thinking that calcium only came from teeth I decided that the tooth fairy was leaving me a crummy quarter and selling my teeth for big bucks to the fertilizer people. It made sense at 6 or 7.

My Father was the unlucky one who had to clear up the tooth thing and then told me about Santa too as he said before I decided to unionize the elves.

lynnok said:
I explained that I'd heard on the farm report about a calcium additive and thinking that calcium only came from teeth I decided that the tooth fairy was leaving me a crummy quarter and selling my teeth for big bucks to the fertilizer people. It made sense at 6 or 7.

My Father was the unlucky one who had to clear up the tooth thing and then told me about Santa too as he said before I decided to unionize the elves.

LOL.

Bonochick said:
I don't remember how old I was, but I woke up because I thought I heard Santa and his reindeer outside. I peeked out the window and saw Dad hauling in presents from the garage. :( :mad: :lol: :sigh:

:lmao:

That had to be heartbreaking then but man that's funny.

I can laugh about it now. :laugh:

I remember prior to that, Mom thought that my sister and I were old enough to know the truth, so she told us there was no Santa. Well, we both broke down in tears and were absolutely hysterical, so Mom quickly backtracked and said, "I don't know, maybe Santa really is real, I just always thought Dad put the presents out!" So then she called Dad at work to ask him if he put the presents out, and of course he said he didn't, so Santa must exist afterall. :lol: :heart:

Bonochick said:
I can laugh about it now. :laugh:

I remember prior to that, Mom thought that my sister and I were old enough to know the truth, so she told us there was no Santa. Well, we both broke down in tears and were absolutely hysterical, so Mom quickly backtracked and said, "I don't know, maybe Santa really is real, I just always thought Dad put the presents out!" So then she called Dad at work to ask him if he put the presents out, and of course he said he didn't, so Santa must exist afterall. :lol: :heart:

:lmao: Parenting in a nutshell there! It's just one big ride of guilt trips.

Back
Top Bottom