when did you start to feel old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was in a hostel in the Netherlands thinking, I'm too old for this shit, where's the fucking Hilton???

When I started to color my hair permanently to hide the gray (and I'll be 25 in a few weeks)

I guess I’m a little strange, because I’ve always felt like an old soul. Even as a kid, I was marking time in my mind, aware of the passing moments. My mother is constantly amazed at my recall for dates of family vacations and events--actually, it’s more of an amusement for her. Nobody really needs to know the specific month we moved to Labrador, or exactly how old our cat was when we went to Germany for Christmas. (Just over a month old.)

A quicker answer: When Wayne Gretzky retired. I became a man that day.

Fathom this....since Time is Relative

we are all Eternal Souls, with no beginning and no end

then Age become relative

tho' your body may age from birth thru life to recycling

your mind, you as spiritual being are Ageless, Timeless

as your existence is a Continuity, a Journey

in which we cross the paths of others

In short, you wanna be forever young, so be it, do it,

Just be who and what and when, you want to be

But when your body doesn't seem to heal as fast as it once did
just be more patient
and in Time, all will Heal

SpiritofLilght said:
Fathom this....since Time is Relative

we are all Eternal Souls, with no beginning and no end

then Age become relative

tho' your body may age from birth thru life to recycling

your mind, you as spiritual being are Ageless, Timeless

as your existence is a Continuity, a Journey

in which we cross the paths of others

In short, you wanna be forever young, so be it, do it,

Just be who and what and when, you want to be

But when your body doesn't seem to heal as fast as it once did
just be more patient
and in Time, all will Heal

I like this a lot!

bonosgirl84 said:
When my 13 year old daughter had to explain to me what emo is.

:lmao:

that is awesome... I have to admit, I have no idea what half of this new Internet speak means...

I think that is an indicator I'm getting old when sentences with numbers and "teh" confuse me...

I'm also starting to get scared of new technology; all these new computers and cell phones are starting to seem too small and confusing to me. :wink:

-The first time someone called me "Ma'm".
-When I made a funny grunt/sigh noise getting into a hot bath.
-When after I carefully explained to a young child that Abraham Lincoln lived over a hundred years ago, the child looked me straight in the eye and said "Well, did you know him?"
-When I realized at a very young age that twinkies no longer tasted like Real Food.
-When drinking a coke for breakfast just didn't do it anymore....:wink:

When a classmate asked me "what year did the Berlin Wall fall?" and when I told him how old I was when it fell *I was 15 at the time*, he told me "wow, I was maybe 3 years old." :|

When my oldest nephew reminds me that he is now driving and about to enter his senior year in high school and will be able to vote next year. :(

When I realized I cannot walk up the pyramids in Mexico because my knees are shot to hell.

When I see more grey hairs.

When I hear words like "flossy" in a song and have no idea what the hell that word means.

yes, I'm old. But no one else thinks I'm old.

*when I became an assistant to people 5-10 years younger than I am.

*when I started coloring my hair ... and found out I couldn't stop.

*when I had to trade in my sporty red two-door coupe for a sensible four-door sedan. :sigh:

*whenever I think of how old some of my favorite Springsteen and U2 albums are ... :yikes:

*when I had to get bifocals (thank God for lineless bifocals and bifocal contact lenses!)

:| 40! Seemed like I had already reached half my life..but then, I thought, depends on how long you think you will live..or want to! that's not half of 120! lol! *Live, Love, Laugh*!:wink:

When everyone around me seemed to be getting married in a hurry! I'm pretty sure I have fewer unmarried peers than married ones.

I started feeling old when i turned 22 this year.

It really feels as if the life i wanted has passed me by and everything
is slipping away, friends are getting married and having babies......

Where did the last five or six years go to??

Back
Top Bottom