wheeee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2phan

The Fly
I'm playing a U2 song for our talent show tommorow night! Though I'm kinda nervous, don't really like playing in front of a crowd, I find it intimidating

Me and some friends are doing the acoustic version of "Stuck In A Moment" heheh though I'd rather do "One"...

anyways wish me luck!

You ought to do the acoustic Stuck where the band kicks in at the end.

You'd win, seriously.

HEY HEY thanks everyone for the kind words, it means a lot to me :)

Well, it was the first time I've played for such a large crowd, so I had felt real nervous about performing. Plus, all the bands that played were like harcore/screamo rock, which I cannot stand, and the singers scream nonsense into the microphone which no one can hear due to the highly distorted guitars and banging drums. I found it hilarious that a judge even had fingers in her ear. LOL boooyah....

So I guess we had an advantage being only 1 of 2 acoustic performances, and the first one wasn't too hot because of technical dificulties since the two guitarists were singing into their mikes, and it was hard hearing the guitar. They did a fine rendition of "Handle with Care", and me and Brian (co-guitarist) sang along in the stands lol. Anyways we were 3rd to last, which is fine by us, plenty more time to practice. So when it was our turn, we walked out to the floor and the crowd was cheering a lot, which helped my confidence WAAAAY much, and killed all my nervous feelings. It helps a lot to have your friends screaming your name, I really didn't feel tense anymore and just wanted to have fun...so it was great.

My best friend Jerome is our singer today, he was gonna play along with us on guitar but decided not to because he thought it'd be better to concentrate on vocals. Though no one can replicate Bono, he did a fine job with the lyrics, even during the "it's a long way down til nothing at ALLLLLLLLLLLL" which was cool...Anyways me and Brian just played the chords, I did the fingerpicking lead bit during "You are such a fool, to worry like you do...", I had tabbed it out mysekf and thought it sounded decent...So then we get to the ending "And if the night runs over", and we all sing together like one big campfire singalong...it was great...."and if your WAAAAAY should falter..." oh jeez it was awesome. Then we finish on one magnificient strum "this time will...pass"....and we got a huge ovation from the crowd which felt spectacular. The only problems we had was sometimes i couldn't hear jerome that well, and played along to Brian so I think we went a bit faster than Jerome at one point. But that was about it, and I'd like to think we'd nailed it haha.

Unfortunately we'd didn't win, I wouldn't vote for myself either, this senior won with a 6 minute drum solo. He's a PRODIGY. I can't even do him justice with words, personally I think he's much better than Dave Grohl, my favorite drummer (besides dear ole Larry Jr of course)...like Jimi Hendrix with drumsticks...it was so "orgasmic" :drool: as my friend often says. Well I didn't really expect an acoustic song would win anyways, but it was loads of fun for and good experience. Who knows, a certain band started their career in high school 31 years ago in Dublin...during a talent show...

Thanks for reading and showing the love! you guys rock...anyways I'll post some pics as soon as my friends email me her shots and stuff

:wink: That was excellent! Just the fact that you got out there and performed. Not only that but performed something you love and believe in, FROM your hearts! Sounds like an incredible experience and worth your efforts. Good job. Yes we were all rooting for you and cannot wait for some pics!

I am glad you got over your nerves and enjoyed it. It sounds like it went really well - congratulations :applaud:

pictures as promised....

us screwing around before the show

272821772_l.jpg

abbey road....

272818837_l.jpg

our roadie didn't like being fired from the looks of it

272819489_l.jpg

me (foreground in collared shirt...I'm also wearing a shirt from u2.com, the "unos dos tres catorce" one underneath btw...for good luck) with Jerome (our singer)

272820554_l.jpg

other guitarist Brian

272819244_l.jpg

rocking out

272819642_l.jpg

i'll post more if i find any....thanks a bunch everyone

Back
Top Bottom