Whats your worst gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northeast

Acrobat
What is the worst gift you have ever recieved/or gave?

I remember getting a sleeping bag, a hammer and a flashlight when I was like 10........that was pretty much it too......hard year for the parents I guess........:grumpy:

When I was 10 and in Boy Scouts we had a grab bag. I got a Snoopy "soap on a rope." Shittiest gift ever for a 10 yr old boy. What kind of shit-head puts that into a grab-bag for 10 yr olds? Everyone around me was getting model cars or action figures, I had soap.

oh that is horrible:madspit: soap for a ten year old is as bad as socks or underwear. Ha ha ha my grandmother knit my boyfriend mittens for christmas lastyear......really sweet but they were both left hands..ha ha ha......:hug: grandma

When I was a kid, I received this AWFUL plaid dress from one of my aunts. My parents made me wear it once when we visited her, but it never saw the light of day again...except to be taken to Goodwill.

:lmao:

See...getting my ugly dress was bad because I HAD to wear it in my aunt's presence to express gratitude. :no:

:hmm:

Its a toss up between the sweatshirt with puff paint kittens on the front or the suede patchwork vest.

I got a recipe file box thingy from one of my aunts.....when I was about 12! :eyebrow: What 12 year old needs a recipe file box? I'm 29 and I still don't need anything like that now!

I was horrified when I unwrapped it to see that it was. My mom took it and and bought me something else. Funny how I can't remember what she bought me but I remember the file box...maybe because my mom still uses that thing to this day.

last year i received 4 x-mas greeting cards and sent none.:huh:
i was so ashamed of myself.
that's why this year i sent 7:D!...and received 5.:sexywink:...
but the worst thing is, that 3 of the greetings were from people i haven't sent anything...
this is not good.:huh:
I feel terrible again.:huh: :huh: :huh: :|

My worst was from my sister-in-law...pillows made out of mens ties. Not only were they ugly but they were so flat that you were better off just laying your head flat on the hard the floor.

Oh and one year she made me a shirt that looked like would belong on the prairie in the 1800's if I wore it.

Hehehe the girl across the road is going to get a baby this year, I can tell. She's pregnant (obviously lol) and her husband has been saying for months the baby is due early December. She still hasn't dropped yet. My God she's huge too :lol: poor girl.

My mum once gave me a huge bottle of Georgio perfume which I thought she knew I detested. I felt so awful for her because it was proper perfume not eu de toilet or whatever its called and must have cost her a lot. So for ages after I had to waste it on things like going to do the grocery shopping etc, just to get rid of it. I never told her.

A Ramona Quimby diary--maybe some of the chicks here are familiar with the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary?

I was a huge fan of the books...when I was 7 or 8.

I received the diary when I was 17. It was from my aunt, who I'm pretty sure never even knew I read the series. She gave my 15 year old sister a 5 piece puzzle--that wasn't even sealed and brand new.

It was a banner year of presents from her all around--let's just say my lone male cousin got off lucky with socks. :|

AvsGirl41 said:
maybe some of the chicks here are familiar with the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary?

:hyper: I used to love those books!!!

When I was 13, my grandma got me the worst pajamas ever... it was a one-piece gray thing that was relatively see-through :ohmy: with red cuffs at the wrists and ankles and little red star buttons down the front. And she thought a 13 year old would wear this..... why?

This year, we had a yankee swap at my work Christmas party and we all thought it would be funny to bring crappy gifts. I found an old Super Nintendo game so I wrapped it up and brought it. The one I got was some random Canadian dvd that no one had ever heard of. One kid got a bag full of random stuff that a girl had found around her room... a half-empty bag of chips, some candy wrappers...

We felt kinda bad because our boss went out and bought a nice present, and here we were exchanging crap. :shrug: Oh well, it was funny :D

MrBrau1 said:
When I was 10 and in Boy Scouts we had a grab bag. I got a Snoopy "soap on a rope." Shittiest gift ever for a 10 yr old boy. What kind of shit-head puts that into a grab-bag for 10 yr olds? Everyone around me was getting model cars or action figures, I had soap.

:laugh:...sorry, the way you ended your post just cracked me up...

Seriously, though, soap, eh? Gee, how exciting.

Hehe, those of you talking about clothes-I read in the paper today that most kids put clothes at the bottom of the list of things they'd like to get for Christmas. :p.

Let's see...worst gift I've ever gotten...I guess I'd have to say a CD of 50s and 60s instrumentals that I got a couple of years ago. My friend got it for me because she knew I liked older music...true, but I don't really listen to the instrumentals (there's a few I like, but overall, no...). So that CD's just collecting dust somewhere.

Angela

i got three scrabbles for ONE CHRISTMAS... and I never played the game again. :|

MrBrau1 said:

I think the funniest/saddest part of this is that this was obviously not picked by a 10 year old, but the parent who despite approving their child's attendance at Boy Scouts gave a very un PC present to another child.

:wink:

AvsGirl41 said:
maybe some of the chicks here are familiar with the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary?

i loved ramona. the ramona books are still popular with young girls today. :happy:

one year, a boyfriend gave me a blender, a handy chopper, a toaster, and a set of dishes.

it was a cold christmas that year, believe me.

Once for x-mas i received 3 SETS of joss-sticks...:huh:
everything would be ok, if those things WOULDN'T MAKE ME SICK everytime i smell them...:| :huh: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom