Whats your worst gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a pocket dictionary in my stocking, but that was supposed to make me smarter somehow.... err, and thats just a stocking stuffer

i honestly cant say ive gotten a bad gift... but im only 16 so there are many years ahead

I've been pretty lucky with presents, but there have been a few prizes through the years. My dad's brother and his wife have usually been the culprits. For a long time they shopped for me in the girls' department...I got a Limited Too sweatshirt when I was 17. :| The next three years in a row I got Victoria's Secret Pear Glace shower gel and lotion.

meegannie said:
I still shop in the girls' department sometimes. :reject::eek:

So do I! I say if it fits, if it's cheap ... who cares where it came from? A lot of my favourite clothes come from the kids section!

Hmmm, bad presents ... my aunt once sent me a necklace and earrings set (I don't even have pierced ears) in the mail, and by the time it arrived here both the earrings were broken, and the silver necklace had turned green. She had enclosed the receipt also, so if I didn't like them I could exchange them ... I was tempted to but I didn't know if the shop would accept them back ...

A fluro yellow puffy sweatshirt with yellow cowboy fringes and silver studs. Apart from the shirt being disgusting in its own right Im very pale, red freckles, that kind of complexion so fluro yellow is not a good colour for me - mmm, I dont know who it would be a good colour for actually.

And another year, a microscope, I asked for a telescope and I got a microscope. My brother got a telescope and didnt want one. Not that he would swap with me, being a brother and all.

My present from my mother in law will be delivered this afternoon. Yep, delivered. Gawd only knows what this will be, obviously big. We are guessing a gas BBQ because we dont want one.

My worst gift - it came at a time when my daughter began doing drugs - it was apparent to both BAW and I but she was in total denial - my B-day was near and I had written a list for brown socks...

My daughter showed up with some transient looking guys and proudly announced that she had gotten my brown socks - she handed me a K-mart bag, no receipt (so I could only suspect that she hadn't paid for them)...inside was a pair of Little Boys; size youth brown socks....

She's still messed up but, thankfully, not to the extent that she once was; I mean, the best gift I could ask and hope for would be her rehabilitation but that would mean she would have to accept that she has a problem...that's doubtful but its still on my wish list...

:|

I can't really think of a worst gift, I think I've erased them from my memory. At least I've never gotten this...

Man Says He Gave Wife Toilet Seat As Gift

LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) - Gary and Karri Clark haven't forgotten their second Christmas together. He knew she wanted bathroom accessories, so he wrapped up a couple of gifts and waited.

The toilet seat and towel rack didn't go over too well.

``Here I thought I was doing good,'' he recalled with a laugh. ``It was something she can always use, day after day. It's the gift that keeps on giving.''

The Clarks were among those who responded to requests by the Daily Times-Call newspaper to share their stories about bungled gifts and best intentions - the waffle makers, blenders and vacuum cleaners given with love and practicality in mind that will never be forgotten or forgiven.

Karri Clark admits she wanted a new toilet seat a decade ago because there was a crack in the old one. She just didn't think she'd get one gift wrapped.

``I could not believe it,'' she said. ``What man gives you a toilet seat for Christmas?''

Stan Stanley said he learned his lesson about practical gifts in the early 1980s after presenting his wife with a garage door opener one Christmas. There was no entrance from the garage into the house, a source of irritation for Connie Stanley.

``I was so excited about opening it. I had no idea what it was,'' she said. After 57 years of marriage, she said, she has to forgive Stan when he makes a mistake like that.

Tom Tinkle remembers giving his wife a birthday blender and how she did a wonderful job of oohing and aahing before setting the box aside. When she finally took the blender out of the box, she discovered a sapphire bracelet slipped inside.

``It was a surprise for her and possibly made her rethink her opinions of her doofus husband giving her a bonehead blender for a gift,'' Tinkle said.

Gary Clark admits his bathroom gifts were out of desperation: It was Christmas Eve, he was at Kmart and he couldn't think of what to buy his wife.

``She wanted it, but not for Christmas,'' he said. Since then, he's done better: His wife received a Ford Explorer for her birthday this year.

ha ha ha on the toliet seat...but I feel bad for her......he was at kmart the night before?????:madspit: :madspit: he's pretty thoughtless if you ask me:madspit:

At least some awful gifts have some thought put in them

MrsSpringsteen said:
Tom Tinkle remembers giving his wife a birthday blender and how she did a wonderful job of oohing and aahing before setting the box aside. When she finally took the blender out of the box, she discovered a sapphire bracelet slipped inside.

That poor man. He has one of the worst names I've ever heard. :|

Oddly, my mom is often annoyed if we don't give her practical gifts....

MrsSpringsteen said:
Man Says He Gave Wife Toilet Seat As Gift

She wanted it, but not for Christmas,'' he said. Since then, he's done better: His wife received a Ford Explorer for her birthday this year.

I think it would have been better some toilet paper... you know... to match...

Last edited:
I got an old toilet seat too. It used to be joke that ran through my family for years. Whoever got it the year before put the picture of some unliked celebrity inside it and wrapped it up, disguised in the most elaborate ways, weighing it down, anything to make the person never suspect they got the toilet seat until they opened it! :lmao: It was hilarious, really. It disappeared the last couple years when the person who got it last disowned the family and stopped giving presents.

:lmao: And? do you now know how to do it? lol! Lol at mrB....sorry charlie brown you got a Snoopy soap!:wink: No, really that would make me feel bad, everyone else getting good gifts but me! My worse gift ever; a life size doll as big as me! Terrified me-ran away from it crying!:( too many Twight Zones about talking dolls, puppets etc..,!:huh:

forbonou2 said:
:lmao: And? do you now know how to do it? lol! Lol at mrB....sorry charlie brown you got a Snoopy soap!:wink: No, really that would make me feel bad, everyone else getting good gifts but me! My worse gift ever; a life size doll as big as me! Terrified me-ran away from it crying!:( too many Twight Zones about talking dolls, puppets etc..,!:huh:

Confession Time - Yes I do know how to do the Macarena. It appears to be one of those dances you need to know how to do at weddings.:dance:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom