What's your most prized, non-U2 possession?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm, I would think it would be obvious but it's really not for me. I'll have to think about it awhile.

My prized possession...a doll that I've had since I was 2 years old. I named her Alice after the "Alice In Wonderland" movie. A relative of mine made her for me, so she's a one-of-a-kind doll, and if I ever lost her, I would NOT be happy. She has a lot of good memories attached to her and everything.

Angela

My most valuable possession, period, is a garnet cross that's been blessed by the pope. You can't put a price tag on something like that.

Photographs
Two files full of letters from my parents about me as a baby/ toddler/ young lass and my first drawing, letter to santa etc.

I have several ( the most prized one is the earing i have almost 28 years )

This is the latest one,...it came with a prizeless bonus :love:

Attachments

• troy.jpg
    troy.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 65
Moonlit_Angel said:

Wow. That IS pretty cool. How'd you get that?

Angela

I went to the Vatican and got it. When I got it I thought it was glass. Later on my Italian in-laws told me it was garnet, which is common and therefore cheap in Italy. That's beside the point, the thing that makes it special is the papal blessing.

I'll have to think about that one, though one comes to mind immediately...

A picture of my Grandpa and I in his kitchen when I was 6 years old. In the picture he's cooking but has leaned down so I could give him a kiss on the cheek. He was my only living "blood" grandparent, my mom's dad, and the picture was the first thing I put on my refridgerator when I moved.

Tough question, I cant really think of anything major non U2 that is worth mentioning.

One thing that I will get eventually is a family heirloom. My great, great grandfather was a Dutch sea captain. His ship saved a crew of an English ship that was sinking back in the 1900's. The English government presented him with an engraved telescope for the rescue. My Dad has it currently but it will be handed down to me someday. If I never have children I will probebly pass it on to one of my nephews.

Last edited:
hmm...hard one...

more sorta mine and my mums most prized possession, which is her late mums wedding and engagement ring.

she literally would kill me if anything happened to it. :uhoh:

I have a necklace that I always wear - it's just a silver chain, and on it, I have this beautiful ying-yang silver ring with this intricate design that I was given when I was younger (sadly no longer fits on my finger), a silver peace symbol, a small silver cube with 'E' inscribed on each side ('E' for Elizabeth) and a small silver book, which reads 'find courage in every sunrise and peace in every sunset'.
I love that necklace so much - it sounds like it's really busy, but the charms are very delicate. I'd be devastated if I ever lost it.

Kind of corny, but maybe my highschool yearbooks. High school was a great time for me... I often think about how much I miss it, and them yearbooks bring back memories aplenty. Yearbooks and photo albums probably.

And then there's my diaries/journals. I've been keeping a serious diary since about 7th grade, and I love to go back and read it, either to cringe at my immaturity or to smile at my growth.

I had this ring that belonged to my grandmother (it was lost before and turned up in our backyard garden) that I was wearing on my pinky finger, and I was at the bar last night and I went to fiddle with the ring, and realized it was gone. Not realizing how long it had been gone for, and being in a crowded bar, there was no hope of finding it. That was a pretty prized possession... :(

I have 3 things...

My photo albums since they hold memories.

The Bible that my grandmother gave me when I was born that has my name embossed in the leather...she did this for every newborn baby to the family and its one of the few possessions I have that she actually gave me.

A leather bound dictionary from 1918 that was my grandfather's. I always had been intrigued with it and then when my mom told me who he had always loved words I cherished even more. I never knew him and when she told me that and a story around it I felt a connection.

right now it's a box of stuffed Snoopy's I've had since I was a little kid. They are all dressed up in clothes too :cute:

My grandma passed away last year. I'm the oldest girl of the oldest girl. I get her wedding ring. It had a very unique look to it. My grandma was a funky little thing so it's got some flare to it and she always got comments on it. She left each of her granddaughters a ring and my grandpa is stalling on giving them out. I think he wants to keep them on her dresser where she left them :sad:

Once I get that I'll change it from my Snoopy's to my grandma's ring.

Last edited:
Things my Grandfather left me from WW2. I have pictures his uniform, a silk scarf took from a dead Japanese officer. All these things are history, you cant replace them.Oh yeah, and the flag that drapped his coffin when he passed on. It is in a very nice case.

Great question.. and some really interesting answers.
Funny, but the things I prize the most aren't even in my possesion yet. The first thing is the grandfather clock my parents have owned for about 17 years now. My dad was just so proud when he bought that thing - he'd always wanted one - and so it means a lot to me. I've called dibs on it for when my parents are gone.
The second thing is a pendant that I'm having my mother-in-law make (she makes custom jewelry). My hubby & I are planning a trip to Ireland in 2007 so we've been saving our change for a while. I was counting some out about a year ago & found this strange looking penny. Turns out it was an Irish pence. I just took it as a sign that everything will work out & we WILL make the trip. I like to think it's a lucky penny & once the pendant's complete, I'm going to wear it on a silver chain so it's always with me. The hard part is waiting for my mother-in-law to "finish" it... she's make 3 different versions now & hasn't been happy with any of them, so she keeps starting from scratch!! :madspit: She's finally decided to make the simple setting that I asked for a YEAR AGO (grrrr) so I should have the completed pendant by Christmas!

My CD collection. I guess that could be considered non-U2, maybe, but even without U2 it'd still be. I guess I don't prize much besides.

Family photos are really important to me, because so many of the people in them aren't around anymore.

I also treasure a portrait of me (yeah, I know, that part's a bit creepy...) painted by Steve Kilbey. I'm really touched that he wanted to paint one of me (SK pretty much does what he wants to do), and the humour and kindness that went into it. I need to get it framed, but I hate to, because I love to look at the back which is signed "To my favourite art patron. Lotsa love Holly Girl. SK XXX" Awww....:heart:

Back
Top Bottom