What's your most prized, non-U2 possession? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2004, 04:12 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:03 AM
I have a necklace that I always wear - it's just a silver chain, and on it, I have this beautiful ying-yang silver ring with this intricate design that I was given when I was younger (sadly no longer fits on my finger), a silver peace symbol, a small silver cube with 'E' inscribed on each side ('E' for Elizabeth) and a small silver book, which reads 'find courage in every sunrise and peace in every sunset'.
I love that necklace so much - it sounds like it's really busy, but the charms are very delicate. I'd be devastated if I ever lost it.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Probably one of my antique jewelry pieces.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:53 PM   #18
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:03 PM

The handwritten letter Ryan Adams mailed to me.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 12-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #19
Refugee

Kind of corny, but maybe my highschool yearbooks. High school was a great time for me... I often think about how much I miss it, and them yearbooks bring back memories aplenty. Yearbooks and photo albums probably.

And then there's my diaries/journals. I've been keeping a serious diary since about 7th grade, and I love to go back and read it, either to cringe at my immaturity or to smile at my growth.

I had this ring that belonged to my grandmother (it was lost before and turned up in our backyard garden) that I was wearing on my pinky finger, and I was at the bar last night and I went to fiddle with the ring, and realized it was gone. Not realizing how long it had been gone for, and being in a crowded bar, there was no hope of finding it. That was a pretty prized possession...
Old 12-12-2004, 05:11 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I have 3 things...

My photo albums since they hold memories.

The Bible that my grandmother gave me when I was born that has my name embossed in the leather...she did this for every newborn baby to the family and its one of the few possessions I have that she actually gave me.

A leather bound dictionary from 1918 that was my grandfather's. I always had been intrigued with it and then when my mom told me who he had always loved words I cherished even more. I never knew him and when she told me that and a story around it I felt a connection.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:23 PM   #21
arw
Blue Crack Addict

right now it's a box of stuffed Snoopy's I've had since I was a little kid. They are all dressed up in clothes too

My grandma passed away last year. I'm the oldest girl of the oldest girl. I get her wedding ring. It had a very unique look to it. My grandma was a funky little thing so it's got some flare to it and she always got comments on it. She left each of her granddaughters a ring and my grandpa is stalling on giving them out. I think he wants to keep them on her dresser where she left them

Once I get that I'll change it from my Snoopy's to my grandma's ring.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:03 AM
A diamond and sapphire ring my parents gave me for my 40th birthday. It's one of a kind.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:56 PM   #23
Babyface

Things my Grandfather left me from WW2. I have pictures his uniform, a silk scarf took from a dead Japanese officer. All these things are history, you cant replace them.Oh yeah, and the flag that drapped his coffin when he passed on. It is in a very nice case.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Great question.. and some really interesting answers.
Funny, but the things I prize the most aren't even in my possesion yet. The first thing is the grandfather clock my parents have owned for about 17 years now. My dad was just so proud when he bought that thing - he'd always wanted one - and so it means a lot to me. I've called dibs on it for when my parents are gone.
The second thing is a pendant that I'm having my mother-in-law make (she makes custom jewelry). My hubby & I are planning a trip to Ireland in 2007 so we've been saving our change for a while. I was counting some out about a year ago & found this strange looking penny. Turns out it was an Irish pence. I just took it as a sign that everything will work out & we WILL make the trip. I like to think it's a lucky penny & once the pendant's complete, I'm going to wear it on a silver chain so it's always with me. The hard part is waiting for my mother-in-law to "finish" it... she's make 3 different versions now & hasn't been happy with any of them, so she keeps starting from scratch!! She's finally decided to make the simple setting that I asked for a YEAR AGO (grrrr) so I should have the completed pendant by Christmas!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:05 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 08:03 PM
My CD collection. I guess that could be considered non-U2, maybe, but even without U2 it'd still be. I guess I don't prize much besides.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:08 PM   #26
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

I have a few pieces of jewelry I really treasure--mostly stuff from my grandmothers. Also, a pair of diamond earrings.

Join Amnesty.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:03 PM
My wedding ring
Old 12-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #28
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Yes, but would you allow your finger to be sawed off to save it?

Join Amnesty.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:03 PM
yeah, my cd collection... i think

my bass, too

the demo of my band
Old 12-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Family photos are really important to me, because so many of the people in them aren't around anymore.

I also treasure a portrait of me (yeah, I know, that part's a bit creepy...) painted by Steve Kilbey. I'm really touched that he wanted to paint one of me (SK pretty much does what he wants to do), and the humour and kindness that went into it. I need to get it framed, but I hate to, because I love to look at the back which is signed "To my favourite art patron. Lotsa love Holly Girl. SK XXX" Awww....