What's your most prized, non-U2 possession?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
I went to the Vatican and got it. When I got it I thought it was glass. Later on my Italian in-laws told me it was garnet, which is common and therefore cheap in Italy. That's beside the point, the thing that makes it special is the papal blessing.

Ah, I see. That's definitely something I could see worth treasuring-very cool. All of you have shared some really interesting and sweet things here.

Originally posted by maro_chik
And then there's my diaries/journals. I've been keeping a serious diary since about 7th grade, and I love to go back and read it, either to cringe at my immaturity or to smile at my growth.

:yes:. I do that constantly. It's really amazing how much I've changed just within the last 5 years or so-it really does show in my journals.

Sorry to hear that you lost your ring, by the way :( :hug:.

Originally posted by indra
indra Family photos are really important to me, because so many of the people in them aren't around anymore.

:( :hug:.

That reminds me-there's a picture of my grandma (my mom's mother-she was the one I was the closest to out of all my grandparents, 'cause one died before I was even born, and the other two died when I was really little, so I barely remember them) that I definitely treasure. I loved her so much. It's been nearly 10 years since she left us now...my god, has it been that long already? Anywho, yeah, she definitely still holds a special place in my heart.

Angela

Practicality: My bed. It's a queen size with one of those cushy pillow top layers. I got the mattress, box spring, and frame for $25 from a fellow college student who never even used it. :drool: I'd also say my bike and discman/mp3 disc player since I don't have a stereo or computer speakers and use it walking to a from school or work at least once a day.

Sentimental factor: some of my favorite leotards, my old grips, Nadia Comaneci autographs, and years and years of old gymnastics magazines.

txbonoman said:
Things my Grandfather left me from WW2. I have pictures his uniform, a silk scarf took from a dead Japanese officer. All these things are history, you cant replace them.Oh yeah, and the flag that drapped his coffin when he passed on. It is in a very nice case.

Wow, that's a great one! I should say this too. Actually, the only piece I have is a Nazi SS medal (my gramps ended up with more Nazi memorabilia than American). My parents keep his folded flag, his uniform, his letters, and most importantly his pictures (a parade for the liberation of Paris, crossing the Rhine, POW SS men with all their medals and decorations posing for the Americans, liberating the Nordhausen concentration camp...). Someday it will all go to me though.

I can't choose between them, so I'll say a gold cross and a chair that belonged to my Grandmother. She died when I was only 12, so sadly I don't have that many memories of her, and much of the time she was sick and in a nursing home. But she was such a wonderful woman, and gave me so much unconditional love and acceptance.

My late grandfather's copy of the New Testament. I also hold my guitar fairly dear to me.

I was waiting for Gibson Girl to post so I could follow with my most prized possession, my Gibson Hummingbird.

I have a music jewelry box that someone gave me a long time ago--that has a photo and autographed by the Beatles. Would not part with that. I also have a Jackie Kennedy doll with several very elegant outfits--would not part with that either. My mothers diamond wedding & engagement ring she gave me after my parents divorced--very beautiful (I have several diamonds that she have given me over the years--that I think my dad bought her as payment for his guilt--but that's another story.) My most true prized possession is my dog Pip--but you said no pets.

I have several pieces of jewelery given to me by my parents and grandparents and other relatives to mark special occasions that mean so much to me.

My christmas ornaments ... a hodgepodge of ornaments with no particular theme. Most of them have been gifts from other people ... in fact until I turned 18, I got a new ornament from my grandparents every year. For most of the year, I actually forget about them, but it's this time of year that always reminds me how much they mean to me. I have literally been in tears when I find that one gets broken.

My grandmother's wedding dress ... after my grandfather died and she was getting ready to move from her home to an apartment, I was were helping her clean out her attic. We came across her dress. She wanted to throw it out! I wouldn't let her. I had to take it out of the garbage bag (twice). It fits me perfectly ...

Last edited:
This is not an easy question since I tend to depreciate material values.
I have a few pieces of jewellery offered by relatives, that I never wear.
I also have a few things that my grandmother and my great grandmother left me and I don’t know if they’re worth much more than their memories. They’re just a few things because, as we (at home) saw the whole family tearing apart because of it, just got out and never knew what happened to most things (sad stories for human beings).
My father's war album of photographs in Africa is priceless to me as well as the family album.
But, the possession that is most worthy for me right now is my car because I can’t possibly think of living without it.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
my baby pillow and baby blanket. :heart:

I will never let go of it.

I still have my baby blanket, too. It's pretty ratty, since I slept with it well into my 20's. :ohmy: Hey, it was a cozy little blankie!

I have a blanket that I got back when I was practically a baby and still cover up with to this day. It's a yellow blanket with Care Bears on it (but it shows its age...the bears are all faded some), and when I was little, I always used to call it my "yellow cozy warm" blanket (and it really is warm-hasn't failed me yet). I cover up with that at night and have my doll Alice right next to me (yeah, my inner child is showing, I know...) :).

I think someone made the blanket for me, too.

Angela

Actually I had two baby blankets I used to carry around with me everywhere, but one of the horses ate one :ohmy: (and and got a little edge of the one I still have). Don't ask how the horse got ahold of them...I have no clue. :shrug: ...well I did used to bring my pony into the house sometimes, but I don't think she was the one that ate it.

My most prized possession.. I don't really have anything of such value that most would consider prized. I certainly can't leave out my car - as strange as it may sound, but it is my first. Next would have to be my collection of DVDs, 41 and growing :).

indra said:
Actually I had two baby blankets I used to carry around with me everywhere, but one of the horses ate one :ohmy: (and and got a little edge of the one I still have). Don't ask how the horse got ahold of them...I have no clue. :shrug: ...well I did used to bring my pony into the house sometimes, but I don't think she was the one that ate it.

you have a pony?? :cute:

Muggsy said:

you have a pony?? :cute:

Yep, right now a pony and two horses. Got my first pony when I was two...a Shetland pony (the Shetland was the one I would take in the house). I'll tell you, Shetland ponies are sooo much fun! They can be cantankerous, but they're great!

Back
Top Bottom