What's Your IQ? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 10:31 AM
What's Your IQ?

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index_main.jsp

"- A score between 70 and 84 places you below the population average
- A score between 85 and 99 puts you slightly below the population average, but is in the normal range
- A score of 100 represents the population average
- A score between 101 and 115 puts you above the population average, but is in the normal range
- A score between 116 and 130 means that your IQ might be significantly above the population average
-Scores of 130 and above puts you significantly above the population average
144 is the highest possible score."

I got a 131 and my intellectual type is Word Warrior. What did you get?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #3
The Male

126 and Visual Mathematician.

Now.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 02:01 AM

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates.

hmmm...always thought i was pretty pathetic at maths actually.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:31 AM
I wrote the test...

harder next time for you brainiacs....
Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

eff the IQ test! it is full of lies, and creates a false sense of hope. all it means is that i know how to take the test. i suck at math, and my vocabulary is equivalent to that of a 5th grade education.

I scored 142, and I'm Facts Curator. Though I'm glad to see I went down a couple of points This prob isn't the official test though.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

122. i guessed on half of those
Old 02-23-2007, 02:11 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 04:31 PM
Old 02-23-2007, 02:21 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

ha ha
i am 3 more smarter than that jacob guy
Old 02-23-2007, 02:36 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:31 PM
You all might as well give up now because I don't think anyone can beat this person's record of 166.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #11
Acrobat

Actually when I was a young girl, having experienced the horrible death of my father, best friend and my grandmother all within about eight months, my mother said I had to visit this psychiatric/psychotherapist doctor to make sure that I went through the ordeals normally.

As a young six year old, I sat there explaining to the doctor that I was afraid for my mother, a young woman herself, who probably had a "nervous breakdown" (yes, I used this word) and wasn't able to care for me, so I had to "hide" my bereavement.

He quickly motioned for an IQ test, and I passed with flying-assed colors. I'm not posting it, but those aren't the kinds of questions they would ask in a normal IQ test- the questions I see on internet IQ tests, would they?

In my personal opinion: there is common sense, book smart, and emotional maturity. There's probably no way to actually "measure" that.
Some people excel in some of those while completely lacking in other subjects. For example, my cousin is 18 and she's totally smart and is accepted to all the Ivy league colleges she's applied to, but has no sense in social living. It's like she's young all over again, she's like a kid. Can't do on her own. She doesn't even know that you need to separate darks from whites when doing laundry. But, haha, who needs to know that when you're on your way to a six-figure plus salary? Haha.

And then there's this other girl I know who is an intelligent young lady but lowers herself to a level, like myspace wars with headlines, that just proves that she hasn't reached that emotional intelligence.

So, I don't really believe in "tests".

But I do believe whomever can answer this statement, correctly, gets what I'm saying:

"Who is smarter? A whole class at Yale? Or the inmates at {crap I forgot the name of the prison}?"

Answer me that. You'll know what I mean.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Congratulations, Stefan!
Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Ahh so I'm almost a genius.
Pfft, what do these tests mean anyway
Old 02-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:31 PM
Your IQ score is 115

did better than i thought i would
Old 02-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
126 from over a year ago when I took this test. think I may try again. maybe I got smarter! ha.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by absintheminded
Actually when I was a young girl, having experienced the horrible death of my father, best friend and my grandmother all within about eight months, my mother said I had to visit this psychiatric/psychotherapist doctor to make sure that I went through the ordeals normally.

As a young six year old, I sat there explaining to the doctor that I was afraid for my mother, a young woman herself, who probably had a "nervous breakdown" (yes, I used this word) and wasn't able to care for me, so I had to "hide" my bereavement.

He quickly motioned for an IQ test, and I passed with flying-assed colors. I'm not posting it, but those aren't the kinds of questions they would ask in a normal IQ test- the questions I see on internet IQ tests, would they?

In my personal opinion: there is common sense, book smart, and emotional maturity. There's probably no way to actually "measure" that.
Some people excel in some of those while completely lacking in other subjects. For example, my cousin is 18 and she's totally smart and is accepted to all the Ivy league colleges she's applied to, but has no sense in social living. It's like she's young all over again, she's like a kid. Can't do on her own. She doesn't even know that you need to separate darks from whites when doing laundry. But, haha, who needs to know that when you're on your way to a six-figure plus salary? Haha.

And then there's this other girl I know who is an intelligent young lady but lowers herself to a level, like myspace wars with headlines, that just proves that she hasn't reached that emotional intelligence.

So, I don't really believe in "tests".

But I do believe whomever can answer this statement, correctly, gets what I'm saying:

"Who is smarter? A whole class at Yale? Or the inmates at {crap I forgot the name of the prison}?"

Answer me that. You'll know what I mean.
Yeah that's why I'm not a big fan of the IQ test myself. I think it really is a measure of your ability to take a test. These things are timed, and there's all sorts of other factors to consider for individuals taking the test.

I don't like my score, I don't think it is a true reflection of who I am. I said it provides this false sense of hope, because it told me I had some sort of illogical potential. When in reality, I've never been to Harvard, and I have no intentions to go. I struggled in college, and I'm struggling in graduate school. I say sometimes really stupid things...and often things need to be drilled into my head before I remember them. I also get major test anxiety.

So I can look at a pattern and predict the missing piece, or the next way the pieces will move. What does that make me?

I wonder though, if this is perhaps because I have preconceived notions on what "intelligence" is supposed to mean that are different from what "intelligence" really is. I think IQ tests can also be flawed in that if someone takes the test over and over, they may remember questions from last time. Therefore, their score increases because of ability to retain memory and because of repetition. But is that really intelligence?

Interesting thread though! Last time I had a discussion about this was a long time ago. Thanks for starting this