What's your hiccup cure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kissing. A slow, real kiss. Works 50% of the time. Enjoyable 100% of the time. :sexywink:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Just wondering.

For me, I plug my ears while someone gives me a glass of water. I drink as much as I can in one gulp. It never fails!

same here. always works :yes:

I eat a teaspoon or so of peanut butter. Works every time for me.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Hold on a second, "the bag method"? How does this work exactly?

Just breathe slowly into a paper bag until it stops. It works for hyperventilation too, and can be relaxing.

Hold my nose and drink water

I had the hiccups tonight at the cinema, everytime I went to take a drink it started. :|

LemonMelon said:

Just breathe slowly into a paper bag until it stops. It works for hyperventilation too, and can be relaxing.

Oh, okay... I was thinking plastic bag over the head or something weird like that...:wink:

And for the record, holding my breath as long as I can and slowly releasing it usually works for me, it can take a couple of tries though...

My mom keeps begging me to try the cure that AngelofHarlem01 was talking about...maybe I should...:shrug:

redkat said:
a bartender recently gave me a lemon soaked in bitters after all else had failed it worked :up:

Yep, bitters and lime if you're at the bar.. always works.

Or I plug my ears and hold my breath for 20 seconds.

I can't get rid of mine and they're always violent.
They just have to go away on their own for me. Damn diaphragm.

tiny dancer said:
Holding my breathe always works for me. :up:

That works for me some of the time but not always!

Genuinely getting a fright does however always work but if you know it's coming then it doesn't really work :shrug:

i just try to anticipate when the next one will come. just pause and take a "wait for it... wait for it" moment and focus on it so much that it will actually not come. a friend had me try this a while back and it works for me everytime. :up:

We use Amitriptyline in the pharmacy. I did hear someone say they drink a tablespoon of Astroglide and that helps his chronic hiccups.

Where'sTheLove said:
i just try to anticipate when the next one will come. just pause and take a "wait for it... wait for it" moment and focus on it so much that it will actually not come. a friend had me try this a while back and it works for me everytime. :up:

That's because you stop all movement and slow down your breathing to nearly a stop when you wait for the next hiccup. I imagine holding your breath would work similarly well. :up:

Take a deep breath and hold it.

I hiccup so often that I begin to think if I got a disease or something :ohmy:

Drink warm water in a coffee mug with a table knife laying against your temple while you drink the whole thing.

Works 95% of the time all the time~

Back
Top Bottom