What's your guilty pleasure??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kakvox

Refugee
What's the band you love, listen to, and is NOT cool to like? In other words, your guilty listening pleasure.

Mine: Chicago :reject:

I like country and bluegrass. Not the modern radio stuff, but the good stuff. I don't feel guilty about that, though.

I've also heard most of the Beatles' solo albums. Ringo's later stuff isn't as bad as you might think...

I don't have any guilty pleasures.

Because Destiny's Child, Natasha Bedingfield and the Sugababes are cool! :cool:
And oh, currently that song (Don't Cha) by the Pussycat Dolls too.
:D

Popmartijn said:
I don't have any guilty pleasures.

Because Destiny's Child, Natasha Bedingfield and the Sugababes are cool! :cool:

I like all three, and also Kelly Clarkson and Ashlee Simpson. I just go for the meaningless pop music from time to time :shrug:

Kid Rock's Devil Without a Cause. Years later, I still laugh my ass off every time I listen to it...and I enjoy doing so, damn it! Just a great time, all around.

I still enjoy Village People songs once in a while. :)

Jamiroquai:wink:

Not that much of a guilty pleasure but still.

Now if someone says Manowar or Hanson, we'll have a problem:sad:

typhoon said:
I like country and bluegrass. Not the modern radio stuff, but the good stuff. I don't feel guilty about that, though.

i like the good stuff, and the bad stuff, and i don't consider any of it guilty pleasures.

i'm not embarrased by anything i like. i keep a folder of really shitty called "wussy pop/rock + emo + guilty pleasures" because i know it's lame-ass stuff. but i don't really care, i still like it. and i have no problem with listening to it loudly.

Much of the above...and more! :lol: I'm the queen of guilty pleasures. I often listen to the hip hop/R&B radio stations while in the car. I don't care much for the slow jams usually though. I like something that gets me a bit more fired up.

'80s pop like Pet Shop Boys and Human League, '80's soft rock like Def Leppard.

Last edited:
If you shout... said:
Kid Rock's Devil Without a Cause. Years later, I still laugh my ass off every time I listen to it...and I enjoy doing so, damn it! Just a great time, all around.

i like that album too :reject:

I like Kelly Clarkson's new song, which is odd as all of the other music I like is completely different.

I have to say; I like Busted's earlier stuff too :shh:

blink-182's self-titled record...

:reject:

I never liked their other stuff but I just like the album and it's a big time guilty pleasure

People always laugh at me when I say I listen to Phil Collins. He's so good though. I also can be found listening to Michael Jackson, Dangerous and earlier :reject:

inmyplace13 said:
blink-182's self-titled record...

:reject:

I never liked their other stuff but I just like the album and it's a big time guilty pleasure

:sad:

I don't really have any guilty pleasures. I guess the one thing I don't admit in polite (and hipster) company is that I am a huge Marilyn Manson fan. :shrug: :reject:

I wouldn't call them a guilty pleasure per say, since I'll freely admit to liking them (since they're awesome and my favorite band actually), but since they aren't usually looked upon very highly by the musical elitist crowd, I'd have to say Third Eye Blind. Fucking awesome band.

:rockon:

hmmm, to be honest i'm not sure of what would consist of a guilty pleasure seeing that just about everyone i knows can't stand u2..so for them and my entire music collection is my guilty pleasure

but being on the world of interference,
I love Travis ! I saw them live couple years back and was very, very pleasantly surprised, probably one of the most energetic, charismatic, intimate shows I've ever been too. I love The Man Who & Invisible Band to death.

Also, I love jazz and blues.. john scofield, robert johnson, miles davis, coltrane, billie holiday, ellington, chick corea, herbie hancock, bill evans and all that stuff..

oh yeah, I like elton john & steely dan as well

shoot me

elevation2u said:

Also, I love jazz and blues.. john scofield, robert johnson, miles davis, coltrane, billie holiday, ellington, chick corea, herbie hancock, bill evans and all that stuff..

You see, loving jazz and blues gives you the musical high ground, therefore your musical taste is what is known as right:wink:

Only Bach loving, Mozart fanatics who play melodic jazz fusion metal will try and argue against you now:wink:

I like Madonna. She makes me laugh, she makes me dance, sometimes she makes me embarrassed for her, and other times I wanna throw stuff at the TV when she talks but mostly I'm glad she's out there. I like seeing what she's up to, what she's wearing, and how unbelievably great she looks. No guilt, though.

Back
Top Bottom