What's your guilty pleasure??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: Let's see... Michael Jackson (up until and including Dangerous), Phil Collins, George Michael, Enya, some bit of Spice Girls in the 90s, tons of top 40 pop stuff from the early 90s like Paula Abdul and Roxette. Pet Shop Boys, Madonna... I could go on. I don't really feel guilty for any of that. Enjoy the lighter side when you feel like it! :rockon:

ooooh, aside from his last Sacred Love I quite enjoy Sting's solo work, perhaps i'm simply biased being that The Police is definitely in my top 5 of favorite bands.. I think he's a brilliant songwriter, he has very beutiful, eloquent lyrics and what not...but he could definitely use Andy & Stewart in the music department.

I love the ''Celebrity Survey'' section in Conan

I know I'm getting older when ___________

Sting: ...."I start liking my own music"

XHendrix24 said:
I wouldn't call them a guilty pleasure per say, since I'll freely admit to liking them (since they're awesome and my favorite band actually), but since they aren't usually looked upon very highly by the musical elitist crowd, I'd have to say Third Eye Blind. Fucking awesome band.

:rockon:

I'm with you on this...they were lumped in with Matchbox 20 and all that post-grunge stuff, so they pretty much get no respect...
I actually refrain from admitting this here often...tough crowd.

Madonna
Robbie Williams
Dido
System of a Down
Deftones

I don't consider them guilty pleasures, but I bet you do

WinnieThePoo said:
Ace of Base

they were pretty good back in the nineties - I used to like them alot.

u2_girlie_2002 said:
mine is pop music from the UK:
Girls Aloud, etc...

I don't care what people say about it - that 'No Good Advice' song was one of the best pop tracks i've heard in years.

I'm a fan of the subgenre known as the NBWOHM, people who can :rockon: will get me:wink:

The eighties rule, for me they are not a guilty pleasure since it is the time when real music was played... not most of the current crapola. But if you feel I should mention 80s bands I like, I will:

Erasure
Roxette
Depeche Mode
Technotronic
Human League
New Order

And several dance songs as well... :up:

I love :uhoh:

The Dixie Chicks

aside from the singles their albums are really good. They can really PLAY their instruments and write good lyrics brave in my opinion

and they kick ass live! :D

I never thought I'd like country :huh:

Mostly pop music like The Corrs, Savage Garden, Madness and the Monkees. But most recently it's been the Josie and the Pussycats OST I got for my girlfriend *grins*

Jack In The Box said:
Madonna
Robbie Williams
Dido
System of a Down
Deftones

I don't consider them guilty pleasures, but I bet you do

Actually, no, I don't.

Madonna is one of the most gifted performers, though I won't say vocalists, in the history of pop music.

Ditto for Robbie Williams, though he has the vocal chops of George Michael and a wicked sense of humor to back it up.

Dido has a gorgeous voice, and her songwriting is varied and mature enough to avoid cliche.

System of a Down are quasi-Dadaist crazy metal... what's to be ashamed of there? They're brilliant, and the sole truly good band of the embarrassment that was nu-metal.

Deftones I'm not all that thrilled about, but I don't dislike them either.

beau2ifulday said:
I don't care what people say about it - that 'No Good Advice' song was one of the best pop tracks i've heard in years.

I heard Sound of the Underground online last year and I was hooked. :) NGA, Jump and I'll Stand By You are my faves. The new one, Biology, sounds pretty cool, too. :) I only heard a snip of it so far though. I'd love to get ahold of either of their albums! :D

well UnforgettableLemon, it's nice to see you don't dislike them, I'm specially in love with Deftones, Chino Moreno's voice is amazing

Back
Top Bottom