What's Your Favourite Kevin Smith film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite Kevin Smith movie?

• Clerks

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Mallrats

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Chasing Amy

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Dogma

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
dogma.
great movie to sit and watch and have a big post-movie discussion. Lots of interesting issues to discuss there.

Dogma, cuz it's the only one I've seen.

oh oh oh! And they have a character by the name of Bethany which is my name! :D (first and only time I've seen that)

Clerks still is his best film IMO. It had so much humor, insight, smart-ass lessons in life and low-budget charm. Mallrats had many of the same qualities but it just didn't go anywhere. Dogma just seemed too much like a Hollywood movie, it was trying too hard almost. And J&SBSB served it's purpose it end the series.

Clerks just had great execution of his ideas before he had the money and big Hollywood distractions that detracted from the storyline, I think he is a good storyteller when he's focused.

I am a HUGE Askewniverse fan (if you're a fan, then you know what the askewniverse is)!!!!

I voted to Dogma because I just liked how it was.....ummm.....funny serious??

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is funny as hell (such a fan boy flick), but just not the same are Clerks or Dogma. Chasing Amy was a chick flick but it had its moments.

Not only is Dogma my fave Askew movie, the special edition DVD is THE BEST DVD I own!

I've got to go with Clerks. Some of those scenes with 15 minutes of dialog without cutting away...awesome! It's the funniest of all the KS movies, imo.

Dogma. Thought it was brilliant how he was able to poke fun at something so serious and still be reverent (in a really offbeat kind of way).

i like mallrats the best, even though that is not the cool answer. everyone likes to bash it for some reason. as for clerks, that always seems to be favorite of hardcore ks fans, and i just dont get it. i watched the first hour and laughed maybe once. it just seemed like an excuse to have as much "filthy dialog" (that quote comes directly from kevin smith) as possible. im not easily offended but that movie was offensive to me, and i didnt find anything in it clever.

Back
Top Bottom