what's your favourite Frank the Monkey moment, comrades?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
I think mine would have to be the time (well, earlier today actually) when he crucified me, asleep (me, not him) on my front lawn.

One moment I was asleep, the next I was facing the busy motorway/highway/whatever, nails driven through my hands, feet and groin. And forehead.

The pain is indecribable. Frank is gone. It's just me and the crows, and the sky, and the cars.

Happy freaking easter, gang, frank says its always hot down here.

its hard to say, but i would have to think my favorite Frank the Monkey moment was when some poor kid took him to school for show & tell, obviously this was back when Frank the Monkey was just an innocent monkey.

It hasn't always been this way..

Anyway, the poor kid takes Frank the Monkey to school for show & tell and thats when the rage began to unfold, the venom began to unleash. Frank the Monkey up there in front of the class for show and tell...all eyes on him...he just lost it at the precise moment.

OH the MAYHEM!!
THE MAYHEM!!!

Of course he started by attacking Mrs. Wilson (the teacher) and taking her head off and using her head to erase the blackboard and fling at horrified students, along with blood and feces. Then he took Mrs. Wilson's head out to gym class and threw it into the middle of 4th grade soccer full of unsuspecting children. The children, who at first just thought it was another soccer ball, began to kick her head and one of them even scored a goal before they realized Mrs. Wilson's head wasn't a soccer ball!

End result, famously, he burns down the entire school :censored: and escapes (or did he really?) to kill again and again and again.

Last edited:
I hate using the term "old school," but I remember Frank the Monkey in the good old days, shortly after Monkey door-to-door salesman Jim Jones sold him to Keiran. Frank was one crazy young monkey.

It is so hard to believe that if it wasn't for Keiran purchasing Frank from Jim, Jim may have never funded his first church.

I raise a glass of Kool-Aid to Keiran for that! Oh YEAH!

my favourite frank the monkey moment came during my rioting days of 1968, when english boys read out their names.

i just can't help but riot like it's the 80's again, guys. and frank's right there with me, holding my hand.

that's my favourite moment. the one that never ends. the one i'm in right now... the one i've always been in, and will always continue to be.

frank the monkey
and me

Maybe the time he tied me down to a radiator and read out extracts from 'Justine, Philosophy in the Bedroom and Other Writings'. Every so often he'd throw paperclips my way to keep me awake and let the words spill from his monkey chops into my thought pool. Sometimes at night I lay awake and realise I had a lot going for me back then and didn't appreciate what he contributed to my life. Of course there were other moments but that one sticks to my mind like a slug to a piece of lettuce. I guess we'll always have the radiator though..

those are interesting insights, count marzipan.

if you don't mind me asking, which are you from britain or down under?

My favorite Frank the Monkey moment is from this one time we had a Frank the Monkey thread in the Lemonade Stand and there were laughs all round. Good times! :hi5:

my favourite frank the monkey moment is this one time when we had a fake edge thread. Everyone laughed all round, it was good times! The best Jerry, the BEST!

Zoomerang96 said:
those are interesting insights, count marzipan.

if you don't mind me asking, which are you from britain or down under?

I don't mind you asking at all Zoomerang96.

I won't lie to you. I'm from ©England. Make of that what you will.

Frank was less than accommodating when I dropt that clamshell.

:sexywink:

very well. i hope you enjoyed last weekend's snow... :sexywink:

kieran, any truth to the rumour that frank was on holiday with jon in egypt? if so, do you know if any pictures/stories surfaced?

i'm not so sure.
i heard through the grapevine that frank "totally lost it", and went absolutely mental on poor jon.
...with hilarious consequences, of course.

Kieran McConville said:

One moment I was asleep, the next I was facing the busy motorway/highway/whatever, nails driven through my hands, feet and groin. And forehead.

The pain is indecribable. Frank is gone. It's just me and the crows, and the sky, and the cars.

You should sell that lyric to Thom Yorke.

Back
Top Bottom