Whats Your Favourite Chocky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whats Your Favourite Chocky? (You may choose more than one option)

• plain milk chocolate

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • plain dark choclate

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • turkish delight

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • strawberry cream

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • caramello

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • coconut

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • coffee cream

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • nut

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • fruit and nut

• honeycomb

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • liquor chocloates

• chocolate coated licorice

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • chocolate coated biscuit

• chocolate coated air bubbles

• those yucky hard ones that my grandfather likes

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • chocolate coated brindle

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
enajh2 said:

blimey I'll miss those king sized Chunky Kit Kats when I've got a hangover :down:

On a side note, I see you're from Loughborough...I'm not far away in Mansfield :up:

My friends boyfriend was once walking along and an ozzie bloke stopped him and asked 'scuse me, mate, can you tell me how to get to Loogabarooga'

After much :scratch:, he finally worked out that the guy meant Loughborough :laugh:

Renne said:
A chocolate related question:

A Mars Bar here is nougat, and caramel covered in chocolate.

A Snickers Bar is the same with peanuts in it.

A Milky Way is a small bar of nougat covered in chocolate.

Is it true that the names are different elsewhere??

All of those sound right for the UK, but they're different in the US.

Snickers is the same:
cbt.gif

Milky Way in the US has caramel:
cbx.gif

Nougat without caramel is a 3 Musketeers:
cbw.gif

A US Mars bar has almonds:
cbv.gif

So a OZ/UK Mars is a US Milky Way and a OZ/UK Milky Way is a US 3 Musketeers.

I need to go find some chocolate now. :|

bammo2 said:

On a side note, I see you're from Loughborough...I'm not far away in Mansfield :up:

:wave:

I'm three days away from submitting my PhD at Loughborough uni and I think I'm gonna :crack: :combust: any time soon!!:D

I did my degree here as well. From Surrey. Hardly ever travel north of Nottingham!

Note to self: must get out more!:)

What about Curly Wurlys?;) :drool:

curly-wurly_small.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
Keocmb said:

I work at See's. :wink:

We get to eat all the chocolate we can handle while at work.

:drool:way to dangerous for me to work there, just kiss goodbye to the profits
09.jpg

07.jpg

0604apbb8pkbig.jpg

I could go on and on and on:drool: :drool:

Keocmb said:

I work at See's. :wink:

We get to eat all the chocolate we can handle while at work.

I love the hard candy from there but that's it. :drool: I bought a ton of it when I was in LA a few months ago......:hmm: maybe I'll have to seek out a store when I'm in LA again in a few weeks. We used to have See's here, then we didn't, then we had them again at a dept. store but they closed so we don't have them anymore again....I don't think. :|

:drool: :tongue: :love:
I've only read 2 pages of this but I'll be back. Chocolate would have to be THE most wonderful thing on the planet.
I have never met a chocolate I didn't like.
I love raffaelo balls, that combination of coconut, wafer and creme chocolat centre...textural paradise that one. Belgian truffles :drool:
Darrell Lea choc - pistachio log
sometimes white chocolate ( it gets sickly quickly, small doses)
hot frothy chocolate to drink...preferably with Johnny Depp on the river playing his guitar......
egad...this thread is a deadly sin beli,
so I suppose I better sign up for lust and gluttony eh?

one day i will go on a European chocolate tour...if I can fit through the doorway of the bus.

5 stars for this thread...luckily I have no chocoate in the house. I do have coca cola though :macdevil:

galaxy :drool:

biscuit boost :drool:

mmmmmmmm sugary treats

Unfortunately for me, I am allergic to sugar, so when I eat normal chocolate I come out in great big swollen red rashes. It's so nice :down:

I can just about get away with the 85% cocoa stuff, but every now and again, I just have to eat some cadbury's and accept the suffering :D

bammo2 said:
galaxy :drool:

biscuit boost :drool:

mmmmmmmm sugary treats

Unfortunately for me, I am allergic to sugar, so when I eat normal chocolate I come out in great big swollen red rashes. It's so nice :down:

I can just about get away with the 85% cocoa stuff, but every now and again, I just have to eat some cadbury's and accept the suffering :D

And speaking of chocolates, Brian just got 2 HUGE parcels from Ireland full of Galaxy, Cadbury's, Kinder, Milky Ways, and many more I cna't remember at the moment.

Mwhahahah! I think i'm gonna live on this stuff for a few days! :drool:

Maybe it's because I'm not from Australia, but I've heard of maybe 4 of these chocolates. And when was chocolate called 'Chocky'? And what on earth is brindle? You crazy Men at Work and your Vegemite!

I havent heard of half of the chockies in this thread either - we are talking international currencies in here - but I sure would like to meet em :hyper:

PS Men at Work suck. I can say that cause its my thread. :|

feelingdizzy said:
Dime bars are called Daim bars in some countries. Maybe you know them by that name. They are delicious! :drool:

Thanks for the info - I was wondering if it was the same... It's called Daim here! :D:up:

My fav. is from Norway, can't get it here, so I have to import loads of it every time I go there - it's "Kvik Lunch"! :drool:

bammo2 said:

beat me to it too

Those adverts were fab :D

Oi Loikes Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmadillos!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmadillos! Smooth on the inside, crunchy on the outside!

That bloke's a Nutter! Oi! Nutter!!

dime_nutter.jpg

Beat me too it. We used to shout that nutter line at peoples eatin dime bars at school.

Cadbury's creme eggs -mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

My friend once said to me, about a bloke-
"He'd be perfect for you, he likes cats and can fit three creme eggs in his mouth."

:huh:

Miggy D said:
Maybe it's because I'm not from Australia, but I've heard of maybe 4 of these chocolates. And when was chocolate called 'Chocky'? And what on earth is brindle? You crazy Men at Work and your Vegemite!

brindle isn't chocolate, freak :p

Back
Top Bottom