What's your favorite scary movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not all of these are jump-scary as others have already pointed out, but they've certainly left an impression.

The Thing (remake)
Alien & Aliens
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (remake)
Altered States
The Howling
The Fly (remake)
Final Destination
Dawn of the Dead (original & remake)
Cujo
Poltergeist
The Omen I & II
The Others
The Blair Witch Project
Friday The 13th
Wolf Creek
Reanimator
The Sixth Sense
Scanners
Silence of the Lambs
Se7en
The Exorcist
Scream
The Ring
The Shining
28 Days Later
Carrie

Honorable mention for The Terminator 1, when that thing just wouldn't die..

I don't like scary films......particurly anything to do with demons and stuff!

"The Prophecy" messed me up when i was younger.....i even dreamt there was a bloody bird-like demon sittting on my parents bathroom basin one night after that.....my mum's Jehovo friend was convinced i was visited by a dark angel....that took me a couple of years to get over that one.

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" :yikes:

The way the chick was twisting and writhing on the friggin' floor and then she stopped dead still, all cramped up .......gave me the heeby-jeebies *shivers*

and then i thought i was over all this scary stuff and thought i had finally grown up as i could watch that no worries!
Then i stuffed that up by watching "The Entity" while my hubby was away..............that scared the shit out of me......when i thought it was just a movie.......and then at the end the credits roll up and a little "true story" thing pops up saying that the woman still gets attacked (raped) by this f*** thing still to this day but just not as often!

So i nominate "The Entity" to be the scariest film of all time!

*Crap......Now i'm going to have nightmares tonight!*

elevated_u2_fan said:

Silence Of The Lambs, yes. I didn't find Hannibal or Red Dragon all that scary however... IMO

Hannibal had the gore factor down, I'll give it that and I really liked Red Dragon (more than Manhunter) but I didn't find either to have nearly the same edge as SOTL...

I know what you mean;) But I can't list one of these films alone because I always see them as a big film with three parts.

fly so high! said:

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" :yikes:

Me and my mate were in the cinema watching this as it started. As I said before, I don't do scary movies. So I convinced him to leave with me, so we could exchange tickets and see 40 Year Old Virgin.

Though I wouldn't vote it number one anymore, watching Psycho as a kid in the 60's alone in my room on a black and white tv, scared the crap out of me. Especially when the cop walks up the stairs:ohmy:

Hard to compare to the newer stuff with all the special effects. I think the Exorcist was the turning point towards the gore.

Back
Top Bottom