What's your favorite Olympian/Olympic Moment 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The silver medal for Kenny Egan in the boxing light-heavyweight.

Honourable mention to Paul Hession who narrowly failed to qualify for the 200m final.

If you're from a small country with limited field and athletic prowess, you take what you can get.

My top 5

5. Aussie Diver Matty Mitcham winning Gold, Australia's first openly gay sports hero. A long shot who came out of nowhere, beating the highly fancied Chinese. Has fought against depression in his teens.

4. Jamaica's female sprinters. How dominant, quite brilliant and Shelly Ann Fraser :drool:

3. Sammy Sanchez winning Gold in the men's road race. Sastre, Contador, Valverde - gun Spanish cyclists all round, but Sammy wins the Gold!

2. Matthias Steiner's Gold in the Weightlifting 105kg. Hard not to share his emotion after that final lift, fulfilling his vow to win for his late wife who died in a car accident last year, whom he had only been married to for 3 years. Most touching moment of the Games.

1. Usain Bolt

WMfunny%20name.jpg.jpeg

I just don't find anything all that memorable or exciting about Phelps' haul, because it was always anticipated that he would do that well anyway. Phelps was always gonna clean up anyway, though the race against Cavic was a memorable race....certainly enjoyed that.

I prefer the moments that you never really expect to happen and you sit there watching it on TV thinking "Fuck Yeah" that was cool...

Back
Top Bottom