What's Your Favorite Holiday Sweet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Since my evil best friend presented me with a bag of Lindt Dark Chocolate Lindor Truffles :)drool: :drool: ) & I've proceeded to eat 75% of them since last night, I started wondering....
What's your favorite holiday time candy/sweet?

Last edited:
My neighbor used to make these killer Bourbon Balls...those were wonderful! :love:

But since I haven't had those in quite a while, I guess the fudge I make from my grandmother's recipe, or homemade toffee is tops. Oh, and I also make a killer baklava. :drool:

i LOVE ferrero rocher's!
also, my mom's almond shortbread cookies! :drool:

I make these awesome cookies called Thumbprints---a shortbread type cookie with a dab of icing in the middle--vanilla flavor but lemon is good too. Fudge, the kind made with marshmallow creme is one of my faves too! Happy Holidays!

:drool: :drool: :drool: I KNEW starting this thread would be a bad idea! :laugh: So many goodies!!! Cheesecake, baklava, peanut M&Ms, thumbprint cookies, choc-chip cookies, tiramisu, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......

Here's to all your favorite holiday sweets! May you enjoy them with loved ones & without any calories (or cavities!) . :D

tennispunk said:
the holidays are when being from an Italian immigrant family is the BEST. My mom makes tiramisu, italian cheesecake, panetone, cannoli, sfagliatelle, chestnut ravioli, and so many more yummy desserts to feed the entire neighborhood. mmmmm cannot wait for Christmas Eve!

:yes: :drool:

I thought it was baked in the shape of a monkey head when I read the name.

:shrug:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It really ought to have bananas in it, since it's called monkey bread. :slant:

Ah, but then it would be called banana bread!! :lol: Which is very similiar if not the same thing? :shrug: I have no clue. I'm no baker! Both are excellent though. :)

My Christmas favorites are candy kiss cookies and my Mom makes a homemade fudge pie for the Christmas Day meal. MMMM, cant wait, less than two weeks!

:( This time of year sucks if you are trying to lose a few! Oh well, I guess that is what the new year is for! ;)

Back
Top Bottom