What's your favorite flower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
oriental-lilly.gif

that is my favorite flower! It's called a Stargazer Lilly!

ooh i adore those! i bought some the other day just for fun.
i love gardenias, fresias and jasmin for smelling :heart:

The first floral arrangement that John had sent to me had purple tulips in it...and they were so gorgeous. They are my fave flower. :heart:

adamswildhoney said:
oriental-lilly.gif

that is my favorite flower! It's called a Stargazer Lilly!

Those are my favorite too! I buy 2 or 3 just before they open up and they make my living room smell good for a week. I looove fresh flowers.

someone should give me flowers next time i see him :sexywink:

I really love lilies (imagine THAT!) and orchids (nice taste sicy).

and these kinds of daisies:

daisy.gif

you're so subtle

I love sunflowers too! I used to grow some at my old place.

HT%20Sunflowers.jpg

it's lame to post pics of your garden..i must remember that - Live and Learn

I think it would be easier to name the ones I don't like

nope

can't think of any.

Every day I am amazed by the beauty and the power of my garden...it's ability to make me feel:laugh: despite the lack of rain.

FLOWER POWER
:heart: for me?:confused: :shocked: my old man has only given me flowers when something really bad is about to happen. Aversion therapy....it hasn't worked.

"Quietly as the rosebuds
Soft as the thin air
Love came so quietly
I knew not it was there..."

Re: it's lame to post pics of your garden..i must remember that - Live and Learn

cass said:

Every day I am amazed by the beauty and the power of my garden...it's ability to make me feel:laugh: despite the lack of rain.

FLOWER POWER
:heart: for me?:confused: :shocked: my old man has only given me flowers when something really bad is about to happen. Aversion therapy....it hasn't worked.

"Quietly as the rosebuds
Soft as the thin air
Love came so quietly
I knew not it was there..."

It is not lame to post pictures of your garden. I said I was lame. ;) I am proud of my garden. I have invested serious time and money into it. In fact it is time for me to start working on it again. I started on my garden when I was really sick a few years back; it was the only therapy that I could do that would take away the constant fear of not knowing what was going to happen to me. There was a period of 6 weeks that my doctors and I thought I might have had a life threatening illness. So instead of laying in my bed all day and thinking about death, I dumped all of my stress into my garden, which eventually turned into my taken over my parents front yard and back yard. It was the best therapy for me and I recommend it to all of my friends when they are going through hard times in their life. Seeing something grow from a seed or a bud to something big and beautiful makes me proud and happy. I get great pleasure of hearing my parents neighbors tell me that they look forward to driving or walking by my parents house because of my gardens. An old lady who lives with Alzheimer?s uses my garden for therapy and gets upset when she sees me ripping it up and replacing the bed with new flowers. She has told me that when she sees my garden that it brings back memories that she has lost. So knowing this I know my garden has some how turned into a public garden and I take the extra effort to plant flowers to make everyone happy. So post your garden pictures, it is not lame.

:D

more pics of my flowers:
3359488723232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E2323349437569ot1lsi

3359488723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23233494376%3A8ot1lsi

3359488723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23233494377%3B6ot1lsi

Wow, Iris, those are beatiful flowers! I would post my garden flowers but I dont know how to make my snapfish photos bigger so that pple can actually see the photos!:lol:

I visited a botanical garden near the bay area (California) not too long ago. The only way to see a garden is in a place with a lot of fog. It just totally enhances everything.

As for my favorite flower, that would have to be the Wild Irish Rose.

My favorites are birds of paradise:

Arreglo4.jpg

and roses, especially red. Red are my favorites, but oddly people always buy me pink or white. :sexywink:

Elisabeth

Back
Top Bottom