Whats your Favorite Film Soundtrack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Soundtrack.

This Masterwork by HowardShore that you can put it up there with Mozart Beethoven, Bach, Handle, etc...

41b69330dca074e6d9ce5010.L.jpg

Vanilla Sky.

I'm not big on listening to film scores, but I used to love the score/soundtracks to Gladiator and The Insider.

^^ You got there before me :wink: i was just going to say that! I love the chilled out music on there - there's some sexy sax on it too!!! :drool:

Blade runner :love:

Justin24 said:
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Soundtrack.

This Masterwork by HowardShore that you can put it up there with Mozart Beethoven, Bach, Handle, etc...

agreed

or the gladiator soundtrack:drool: makes me cry a little.

Anyone have the name of it ?

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Batman Forever
Garden State
I Am Sam
Purple Rain (does that count?)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
This is Spinal Tap
The Wedding Singer

I despise soundtracks that have conventional music in them. I only like soundtracks that feature the actual score.

As much as I hate Hans Zimmer, I quite enjoy the soundtracks he wrote for Hannibal and King Arthur. Howard Shore is my favourite at the moment - his work on the LOTR trilogy was beautiful. I haven't listened to it in a while...must take it out for a spin again. Just remembering off the top of my head "The Ring Goes South" was a stunning piece! "Lothlorien" as well. And if you like Howard Shore, definitely check out his score for The Silence Of The Lambs. It's chilling.

Now that I think of it, the only bad soundtrack in the whole Hannibal Lecter series came at the hands of Danny Elfman. He turned the Red Dragon score into cheesy, clichéd horror music. I still listen to it, but I don't like it half as much as Zimmer's and Shore's. The latter scores are far more subdued, and this is a good thing. They suit the movies far better.

Danny Elfman's best work is with Tim Burton, they just fit each other's respective styles. Other than that, he's a bit rubbish.

I do remember Howard Shore doing a great job with Ed Wood. :up:

Tarantino & Jarmusch films always have nifty soundtracks..Elfman, of course, is awesome but in a different way. I always like the scores for Woody Allen flicks. Igby Goes Down, U Turn, I Am Sam, Magnolia, High Fidelity, Eternal Sunshine, I also find enjoyable.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Jaws

Lost in Translation

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan*

*I've never heard two dramatic themes introduced and played out so effectively towards a movie's climax as I have in this soundtrack. James Horner's masterstroke - and with a relatively small orchestra to boot.

Last edited:
Dude, I could go on and on... I'm a soundtrack fantatic. :drool: However, as much as it pains me, my #1 favorite is:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by John Williams. Amazing. Brilliant. Flawless. I've loved this music all my life, and I will never, ever get tired of listening to this score. :)

Other faves include Superman, Blade Runner, Amelie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, LOTR trilogy, ET, Empire of the Sun and Schindler's List. I loves the John Williams.

Take my breath awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Man all those over-processed, thundering 80s drums are coming back to me :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
The Nightmare Before Christmas

Jaws

Lost in Translation

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan*

*I've never heard two dramatic themes introduced and played out so effectively towards a movie's climax as I have in this soundtrack. James Horner's masterstroke - and with a relatively small orchestra to boot.

khaaaaaaaaaaaaunrt2.gif

Back
Top Bottom